Menu

Adding a 2nd page to transcript? Should I??

On the bottom right there is a box that says commentary which I have been putting my dd's achievements such as winning 1st place with quilt in state fair, leadership youth programs, ACT scores,

Sport team participation, choir performance & wins, internship, etc.  BUT I have run out of room because the space is so limited & I have already been abbreviating.  Do any of you use a 2nd page to list these things? Will admissions frown on stapling a second page? Thanks.

On 1/17/2017 at 8:11 PM, journey00 said:

On the bottom right there is a box that says commentary which I have been putting my dd's achievements such as winning 1st place with quilt in state fair, leadership youth programs, ACT scores,

Sport team participation, choir performance & wins, internship, etc.  BUT I have run out of room because the space is so limited & I have already been abbreviating.  Do any of you use a 2nd page to list these things? Will admissions frown on stapling a second page? Thanks.

JMO, but you will make those achievements shine a lot brighter by NOT jamming them onto the transcript, but create a completely separate second document for "Awards, Honors, and Extracurriculars". Then you can include a brief paragraph for each entry to highlight what was significant. Do NOT staple to the transcript, but DO include with your official transcript.

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 9

Many schools, during the scholarship or Honors application, asked D to submit an activities and awards resume.

I would save the resume for those purposes, unless specifically asked for in the regular application. If a school cares about activities/awards at that point, there would be a spot to list them on the regular application or a resume request.

• Like 2

Many schools, during the scholarship or Honors application, asked D to submit an activities and awards resume.

I would save the resume for those purposes, unless specifically asked for in the regular application. If a school cares about activities/awards at that point, there would be a spot to list them on the regular application or a resume request.

This is what we did with the exception that I think any academic awards should be on the transcript. Awards from extracurricular go on the activities resume.

So, what ss that what the "COMMENTARY" box is for that's included at the bottom of the transcript form? Academic awards, ACT scores? TIA.

My son's transcript contains a box that runs across  the top with personal information in 3 columns: name, ss#, email, phone, birth date, gender, homeschool statute no., school adress, parents' names, graduation date, cumulative GPA listed both unweighted and weighted (ie unweighted 3.72 on 4.0 scale)

The remainder of the page is divided vertically. Two-thirds of the page contains the course descriptions, academic provider, grade, year, credit.  Courses are listed chronologically by discipline: English, Math, Science, Foreign Language, Social Sciences, Electives. My course description paperwork (separate document) lists the courses exactly in the same order as the transcript.

Total Credits Earned are listed at the end of the course descriptions and grades.

The remaining portion below that is the "comments" section you are referring to. This is what mine says:

"Notes: S - by year indicates concentrated summer session

M - by year indicates instruction occurred across multiple years

Grade points were assigned on a 4.0 scale, with one additional point assigned for Advanced Placement courses. All courses were taught at a college prep level and many presented rigorous academic demands; however, it is difficult to differentiate honors level within a unique, home designed course. The honors designation, was therefor limited to courses that were labeled as honors or advanced by an outside provider. Advanced Placement syllabi were submitted for a course audit and were certified by the College Board as meeting AP standards."

(Part of this commentary was borrowed from another board member. )

Below all of this is a statement:

"This signature certifies that the information on this transcript is true, correct, and complete."  Then my signature, title, and date.

The right-hand side one-third of the page column contains the following: Achievements and Awards (both ACT scores broken down by area) SAT Subject Tests (test, score, date), Advanced Placement Exams (exam, score, date), Academic Awards

Below that is the Key to Grading for home study courses showing unweighted and weighted points. Beneath this "All courses eligible for weighted credit are indicated in boldface on the transcript.)

Last is how we define a credit hour.

• Like 1