Menu

live online spanish conversation practice--skype?

I know there were a few posts about conversing online with a teacher from a Spanish speaking country via skype for a fee--there were a few of these offered online, right?

We need a weekly conversation for my son with a native spanish speaker. he is in first year spanish.

thanks for recommendations!!!

• Like 2

We adore 121spanish. 

https://121spanish.com/

We met the staff as well as the owner (Craig) when we were in Antigua, Guatemala for almost two weeks several years ago. We took Spanish lessons every morning there. The staff and Craig were absolutely lovely, and the instruction was top notch. We were overjoyed to continue with them via Skype and are still going strong. 

• Like 3

We have used LiveLingua.com for the passed two years and have had a great experience.  My husband and I are native Spanish speakers of Mexican descent and it was important to us to be able to pick a teacher from Mexico specifically.  This ensures a familiar accent versus a teacher from some other Spanish speaking country who may have different intonations and pronunciations. 

Think of how different British English, American English and Australian English sound.  Likewise, there are differences in the Spanish spoken around the world.

¡Suerte!    [Good luck!]

• Like 2

We have used LiveLingua.com for the passed two years and have had a great experience.  My husband and I are native Spanish speakers of Mexican descent and it was important to us to be able to pick a teacher from Mexico specifically.  This ensures a familiar accent versus a teacher from some other Spanish speaking country who may have different intonations and pronunciations. 

Think of how different British English, American English and Australian English sound.  Likewise, there are differences in the Spanish spoken around the world.

¡Suerte!    [Good luck!]

I have experienced Homeschool Spanish Academy and Live Lingua. 

Live Lingua wins - hands down.

HSA has a variety of instructors and it's difficult to schedule the one you like.  It feels like a factory - you see and hear the other tutors in the background.  No one truly cares about you.

With Live Lingua, you get assigned to one instructor.  Because you get to know one another, there is a comfort that encourages learning.  My tutor is incredible.  She is not only fantastic at what she does, she is fantastic at who she is.  Maybe I just got lucky, but the experience has been awesome.

• Like 2

We chose HSA b/c it's A-G approved. For UC schools, that was a necessity. We've been pleased. You do have to wrestle around with the system to find a steady instructor. We had chosen one that was free all the days we liked - my ds liked her. Then we tried a few others on days she wasn't available. And found a really great one. So changed all our other 50 some-odd classes to hers. You can hear the instruction going on of other students in the background, but my ds doesn't seem to mind. He feels like his instructor truly cares. Esp when you have the same one 2x a week, every week. 

• Like 1