Menu

PSA: If you apply for a job, keep the information available

Lanny

Approximately December 1st, I updated my Resume, since another phone company had begun to install their infrastructure in our rural subdivision and I know there are a lot of positions that can be done by people who are telecommuting now. Soon  we will have much faster Internet service available in our house.  I applied for 2  jobs.  One of them I kept notes about. One of them I did not keep notes about.  I applied on December 11th, and was contacted today, January 11th.  31 days later.  I remembered the name of the company, but not much else...  Fortunately, I was able to find the information and I will be able to respond to them intelligently, and not just with "I remember applying for a job with your company, however, I cannot remember which position I applied for"   This position was not listed on Monster or Career Builder, or somewhere where you need to log into their web site, into your account, to send your resume, so if I have an account on that web site, I have no idea what my password is.   If you apply on a web site like that, keep the information available, in case they contact you! Fortunately, by searching my email, I was able to get up to speed on this...   :hurray:    I was very lucky...   This is for an intermittent part-time position and that's OK.

• Like 13

Congratulations!  :hurray:

I have been contacted for interviews 2 months after submitting application. I always keep a spreadsheet with all kinds of info about each place I sent resumes. As convenient as online job hunting is, it requires us to be organized.  :)

• Like 2

I made a few tweaks to my resume and now I need to think about a "Cover Letter" email. I will reply to them tomorrow morning.

@happysmilelady   Some years ago, my late friend and his wife had a system on the roof of their house (in TX) that I think was to heat water,with solar power. Well, something went terribly wrong (it sprung a leak?) and their house had severe damage. Their Homeowners insurance company paid for that. Then, I think it was one or two years later, her car (a Honda) was in the garage and it caught fire and the house burned down. My friend wasn't home at the time. His wife was asleep and I think the cat woke her up and saved her life. Their Homeowners insurance paid for rebuilding their house, but told them, "If you have one more claim, you will be cancelled". I thought their Homeowners insurance treated them very well.  

• 1 year later...