Menu

Took dss to apply for vo tech

Scarlett

Turns out he was the first applicant for this year. :). Culinary always has a waiting list and they are chosen based on many factors.....the counselor seemed very impressed with dss and she all but promised him a spot. And she attached his name to ds so they can have the same schedule n the fall and ride together.

I am so stinkin excited for him. :)

• Like 37

That's fantastic!  Our Voc Techs are highly competitive with long waiting lists but dd got in last year and is in IT.  Next year she is doing dual credit at the community college as well as her shop.  It's been fantastic for her except academically so it will be the best of both worlds for her come September!

• Like 1

That's fantastic! Our Voc Techs are highly competitive with long waiting lists but dd got in last year and is in IT. Next year she is doing dual credit at the community college as well as her shop. It's been fantastic for her except academically so it will be the best of both worlds for her come September!

I think the programs are such a good deal. I am surprised more kids don't take advantage of it.

• Like 1

This is great! I'll be taking my ds next school year to sign up. I'd love for him to do culinary (actually *I* want to do culinary), but I'm not sure what he'll choose.

That would be even better if both your boys could commute! :party:

Yes, at least for one year together.  Then ds will be finished and dss will have one more year. 

Cooking is all dss has ever been interested in doing.  I worry a little about making a living with it, but he doesn't seem concerned so I don't marsh his mellow about it. 

Yes, at least for one year together.  Then ds will be finished and dss will have one more year. 

Cooking is all dss has ever been interested in doing.  I worry a little about making a living with it, but he doesn't seem concerned so I don't marsh his mellow about it. 

My friend's daughter (also homeschooled) got the culinary degree at their VoTech (Renton, WA).  Then she worked at various restaurants as different levels of chef (even once the overall chef for a startup).  She did catering (Including my wedding -- and a couple overseas) and currently is the Culinary teacher at the high school.

Edited by vonfirmath
  • Like 1