Menu

Lane Bryant: spend my money

LucyStoner

I received a Lane Bryant gift card for Christmas. After ordering bras and underwear, I still have a decent amount. I definitely need new clothes but don't know what to order from there that is a good value. The last couple of times I have bought anything there besides skivvies, I've been really disappointed in the quality- namely sweaters which just didn't last. If you shop there, what's good and wears well? Links appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I used to buy bras there, but they have decreased greatly in quality. the pajamas are always good quality and hold up well, and I also buy jeans and pants there. I've recently been doing more shopping at Torrid. The quality is not necessarily better, in fact, I think it's a little worse, but they have much more stylish pieces and options.

I received a Lane Bryant gift card for Christmas. After ordering bras and underwear, I still have a decent amount. I definitely need new clothes but don't know what to order from there that is a good value. The last couple of times I have bought anything there besides skivvies, I've been really disappointed in the quality- namely sweaters which just didn't last. If you shop there, what's good and wears well? Links appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Edited by reefgazer

I discovered recently I loved the bras there.

I also buy my work slacks there (at the Outlet -- called Houston and I wear petite). I love them so much I wear them everyday and they wash well too. AFter two years, they were starting to wear out at the fasteners so I went back this Christmas nad bought some more.

I still love the bras there, thankfully. The tops never fit me right, and I agree the quality isn't great (mostly I loathe polyester), but the jeans have almost always been top notch (I can think of a pair or two that haven't held up as long as they should, but again there was a weird amount of polyester involved--in jeans  :glare:). 

Honestly though, if you can't find anything you need or like, just hang onto the credit until you need some more undies. 

underwear and jeans.  I have jeans from them over 10 years old.  The thighs haven't rubbed to nothing.  The denim is thicker than other brands.  They last.  I just bought a new pair of jeans last week from them and whoa, they fit so well.  Why was I spending less at Target and they fell apart in a year?  The Lane Bryant ones just last.    And they used to have some great underwear, but I wasn't checking it out last week.   Pj's?  Usually have tons of that kind of stuff.