Menu

What's with the ads?

Kinsa

At what point do we intervene?

Kinsa, not going to speculate or judge or whatever. Just sending prayers for a boring outcome. And for strength for your family to figure this out. (that said, call the police if you still haven't heard from her, please.)

• Like 13

Kinsa, praying for you all again/still this morning as your niece decides whether to get in the car and go or not. I cannot even begin to imagine what all this must feel like, so I have no advice, just prayers. Continuing to pray and hope for a positive outcome once you all do reach your sister.  :grouphug:

I vote that we have no more speculation and focus on the facts. Kinsa's sister is MIA, her family is worried but uncertain what to do.

Here, here!!

Please stop with the horror stories and speculations about her family. 

Edited by PrincessMommy
  • Like 11

Continuing to hope and pray for your family and that this bizarre and unusual situation in the end turns out to have an incredibly funny outcome you can laugh about for years to come.

(Just know that we are pulling for your sister and all these posts come out of a sense of concern.)

• Like 3

Forgive me, but what does cultural differences mean in this context? I am trying to imagine an American sub-culture that wouldn't want a welfare check in a situation like this. I can only come up with groups like neo-Nazis, anti-government militia types, criminals, or polygamists. What scenario do you imagine?  

My first thought of a 'cultural' difference was my deep, deep south parents who totally subscribe to an 'our family, our business' mindset and would be absolutely MORTIFIED if I called the police to do a welfare check on them. (I'd do it anyway but they would totally consider it crossing a line.)

• Like 1

Okay, I swear I'm not making this up...

We decided on a deadline of 10:00 AM central time zone today.

Last night my husband got through to sis's husband on the text messaging. Small talk about our upcoming trip to Florida and stopping in to see them along the way, blah blah blah. Then DH said Karen is worried about her sis, have her call Karen's cell phone. Well, they had just gotten in from a Walmart run, it was 8:00 at night, they were tired, so sis will call Karen in the morning.

Great! A promise to actually hear from her!

Except.... I kid you not... I'm not getting a mobile signal this morning. Could NOT be worse timing.

Argh!

My niece has already tried calling her twice this morning and it went to the machine.

So unless I get a cell signal and can reach her within the next hour, the plan moves forward and the call to her local PD will be made.

Sigh. I was really hoping it wouldn't have to come to this.

And y'all, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to address your grievances against me and family. I really don't feel the need to justify our decisions and actions. You'll just have to trust me that this has been the best course of action.

I'll keep you posted as things develop and as I'm able.

• Like 44

Thanks for the update Karen, and of course you know your own family best. I think folks are just worried and it's hard to feel like there's something that should be done but you have no way of doing anything.

What a day for your cell service to go down!

Edited by maize
  • Like 6

Glad things are moving forward!  So sorry you have been through so much stress.  I hope this story has a very boring ending!

• Like 1

Nevermind. I just got a text from niece saying she called the PD. The welfare check has been implemented.

Oh good.  I am hoping for all to be well. 

• Like 1

Okay, I swear I'm not making this up...

We decided on a deadline of 10:00 AM central time zone today.

Last night my husband got through to sis's husband on the text messaging. Small talk about our upcoming trip to Florida and stopping in to see them along the way, blah blah blah. Then DH said Karen is worried about her sis, have her call Karen's cell phone. Well, they had just gotten in from a Walmart run, it was 8:00 at night, they were tired, so sis will call Karen in the morning.

Great! A promise to actually hear from her!

Except.... I kid you not... I'm not getting a mobile signal this morning. Could NOT be worse timing.

Argh!

My niece has already tried calling her twice this morning and it went to the machine.

So unless I get a cell signal and can reach her within the next hour, the plan moves forward and the call to her local PD will be made.

Sigh. I was really hoping it wouldn't have to come to this.

And y'all, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to address your grievances against me and family. I really don't feel the need to justify our decisions and actions. You'll just have to trust me that this has been the best course of action.

I'll keep you posted as things develop and as I'm able.

I'm glad you've got a course of action.  

I know you're a smart lady and you're handling this the best way you know how, so I'm glad you don't feel the need to justify.

:grouphug: , and I hope you hear from your sister before you have to make that call.

• Like 2

I'm glad your niece called for a welfare check, Karen.

I hope the explanation for not hearing from her is boring and that we all look like fools for being worried.

• Like 10

I don't understand why they didn't just call last night.

this is so bizarre. 

Still praying, Karen.

It is strange that your sister has been too tired or too sick to reach out to any of you but that she was able to make a Walmart run. :/

• Like 20

Welp, I'm just sitting here, still in my pajamas, waiting to hear something, unable to focus on anything at all. Knots in my stomach. I know I should be doing the schoolwork with the kids. Or clean up the kitchen. Or something. :/

• Like 23

Welp, I'm just sitting here, still in my pajamas, waiting to hear something, unable to focus on anything at all. Knots in my stomach. I know I should be doing the schoolwork with the kids. Or clean up the kitchen. Or something. :/

:grouphug:  :grouphug: Karen  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 5

You don't *have* to get up and do anything. Get some coffee, or your morning drink, and just hang in there. ((Hugs))

• Like 9

(((hugs)))j  I am just sitting here at my desk at work hitting refresh over and over. 

Is your niece calling as soon as she hears back from the PD? Hopefully, the PD will get there, everything will be fine and they'll call your niece back from her house and have your sis talk to niece. Maybe your sis doesn't know she's got everyone worried. (trying to think of best possible outcomes)

• Like 5

Is your niece calling as soon as she hears back from the PD? Hopefully, the PD will get there, everything will be fine and they'll call your niece back from her house and have your sis talk to niece. Maybe your sis doesn't know she's got everyone worried. (trying to think of best possible outcomes)

And I hope Karen has cell signal!

• Like 1

Yeah, my niece promises to send us the group text as soon as she hears something.

• Like 16

And I hope Karen has cell signal!

No! I still don't have a cell signal! What's up with that?

We're mostly communicating through the Facebook messenger, so I'll hear something soon.

• Like 8

:grouphug: :grouphug:

No shoulds. Don't beat yourself up right now with shoulds. You have enough stress right now.

• Like 8

You poor thing. Not knowing is often the worst kind of worry. Hang in there.

:grouphug:

I'm hoping for good news, Karen.

And I know this whole thread must feel like a pile-on, and I am sincerely sorry for that. I truly believe the collective vibe is one of support. We're all worried with you.

• Like 11

Have you "rebooted" your phone by shutting it totally off and then turning it back on? Also, if it's a phone where you can remove the battery, do that, too for 30 seconds. Then put it all back together and turn it back on. That often works to fix funky phone issues. 

• Like 12

We're all here waiting with you.

Just imagine everyone here is holding your hand and sending good thoughts and prayers that you receive good news.

• Like 11

Have you "rebooted" your phone by shutting it totally off and then turning it back on? Also, if it's a phone where you can remove the battery, do that, too for 30 seconds. Then put it all back together and turn it back on. That often works to fix funky phone issues.

I just tried restarting, but still no signal. It's because I live in the boonies.

• Like 7

Hoping this is all a big misunderstanding. I definitely understand the choices your family had made and you don't have to defend them.

• Like 3

Continuing to pray for all of you. Especially praying that you can feel some sense of peace as you wait. Sending a hug and especially hoping that all are well.

• Like 2

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Karen.

You must know you are much loved here, even though we are all really strangers.   Everything everyone says is motivated by care and concern, even if it may seem too demanding, accusative, or awkwardly said at times.   

• Like 9

:grouphug: :grouphug: Karen.

You must know you are much loved here, even though we are all really strangers. Everything everyone says is motivated by care and concern, even if it may seem too demanding, accusative, or awkwardly said at times.

Thank you. And I know this. I've been around the Hive long enough to know how things usually go down 'round here. LOL

• Like 37