Menu

If you got the 4th ed. of TWTM, did you toss your older editions?

Hi all! I'm doing a massive house clean-out and I would love to clear some space on my (eternally overstuffed) bookshelves. I bought the 4th edition of TWTM this past fall. Is there a compelling reason for me to hang on to my 3rd edition copy? (It's a big book, so letting go of it would clear off a nice space, but I don't want to regret getting rid of it if there's something in there--that I'm not remembering right now--that I might need later.) The 4th edition is all I need to keep, right? Can you think of any reason I shouldn't let the 3rd edition go? Thanks!

What is this sacrilege of which you speak???

:lol:

I'm sorry, I'm no help. I still have the 3rd edition. If I hadn't let someone borrow the 1st edition that was never returned long ago, I'd still have that too. I do miss the 1st edition. [insert nostalgic sigh]

• Like 11

We're finishing up homeschooling this year, so I didn't buy the 4th edition. I'll probably get it from a local library though at some point just to scan it.

I always sold or gave away my previous editions once I felt like I had gotten the benefit from them and if the local library had them. I bought the first edition when my oldest was a toddler, and he's now a sophomore in college!

• Like 2

We are like a bunch of drunks asking each other, "Should I have another drink?"  

Ha! Yes indeed. Never ask a bunch of groupies about tossing memorabilia!  :lol:

I only have the 2nd and 3rd editions. I wouldn't get rid of either. I use the 3rd for most things, but I preferred the step by step exact instructions for logic stage history in the 2nd edition. So I keep both around. I can compare things to get a bigger picture or other ideas. I am sure I will keep them both when I buy the 4th. (why do I need the 4th? when I have made do with these all of this time? Because I do! ) 

• Like 2

I have all 4. I don't even really follow WTM at this point, but oh my goodness, I didn't even consider getting rid of any of them when I recently did my major book cull!!!!

I'll always keep the first edition, because it was written when there were almost no homeschool curricula available, which is comparable to the situation now in the Netherlands. I sold the second edition recently and would have sold the third edition, except I highlighted all through it. I'm definitely going to keep the fourth edition, love the way it is organized and updated! :wub:

• Like 4

Those are reasons why I keep the 2nd too. It is the first I bought, so I bought a lot of those resources. So when my next one comes up through school, I can use what I have and am familiar with. But the new ones are nice for my high schooler when I am buying new stuff or looking at Latin or something now that has so much more available than it did back then. I can't wait to read the fourth to see how it is differently organized. 

• Like 2