Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
bettyandbob

brag about my 2E kid...

my 2E ds made the dean's list. For some of you that's no big deal. If you knew his IQ you'd probably think no big deal. He's getting ready for his last semester. His college grades have been all over the map. The ADD, anxiety, zero executive function are really killer problems. He'd like to get a PhD. He really can't without an MA since the grades have not been great. (I was actually told at an evaluation when he was 6 to expect him to do well in a PhD program and to do badly until then, by a doctor after an extensive evaluation at the children's hospital). He also earned almost perfect GRE scores (not surprising, he tests well. He just can't do anythingelse in life easily). 

Anyway, I know this doesn't stack up against some of your kids, but this is a real triumph for him. 

For anyone who wants to discuss the realities of life for PhDs, not here please. I know the realities. I also know my ds, he has to decide these things on his own. "my guidance" will be of no assistance. 

• Like 24

my 2E ds made the dean's list. For some of you that's no big deal. If you knew his IQ you'd probably think no big deal. He's getting ready for his last semester. His college grades have been all over the map. The ADD, anxiety, zero executive function are really killer problems. He'd like to get a PhD. He really can't without an MA since the grades have not been great. (I was actually told at an evaluation when he was 6 to expect him to do well in a PhD program and to do badly until then, by a doctor after an extensive evaluation at the children's hospital). He also earned almost perfect GRE scores (not surprising, he tests well. He just can't do anythingelse in life easily). 

Anyway, I know this doesn't stack up against some of your kids, but this is a real triumph for him. 

For anyone who wants to discuss the realities of life for PhDs, not here please. I know the realities. I also know my ds, he has to decide these things on his own. "my guidance" will be of no assistance. 

That's awesome.  I love to see our WTM young people have successes.  

• Like 1

Awesome. Hope he continues to do well whatever path he chooses.

My 2E son will be going off the college in the fall and he'll have a bunch of hurdles to get past in order to meet his potential in class.

• Like 1

I think that is awesome. I can relate to the worry about a smart kid whose struggles make attaining the necessary grades a challenge.

• Like 2

As the mother of a 2E kid with ADD, anxiety, dyslexia, and zero executive function, who also plans to get a PhD, I totally get it! Congratulations to your son — and a big hug to you for getting him to this point without pulling ALL your hair out!

Congratulations to you and your ds! 

My 2E ds had his best semester yet this fall, but very similar issues to those you list are still making things challenging for him.