Menu

Free Amazon shipping without Prime?

DawnM

Our primary Amazon account has free shipping, but our 2nd account doesn't.

I have a $20 promo gift card for that account and have to use it with that account.

I thought if I ordered $35 or more it was free shipping.  But it doesn't look like it.  Am I missing something?

VERY good to know!  Thanks!

Unfortunately, that only applies to new books fulfilled by Amazon.  With used books, you end up paying $3.99 per book for shipping.

As mentioned previously, there are some Amazon resellers who will ship items free.  You might be able to find a deal like that on an item that you want.

• Like 1

Our primary Amazon account has free shipping, but our 2nd account doesn't.

Have you already "shared" your free shipping with another account? You can put an email (somewhere?) to share your Prime benefits with another account. I think it is supposed to be someone who lives in the same household, but I really don't know the rules. They get the free shipping, but not the streaming stuff.

Ah, here is the page that has info on sharing prime benefits.

ETA: Looks like it is called "Amazon Household" now & the benefits are a little different than what I remember from when I 'shared' my Prime.

Edited by RootAnn
  • Like 4