Menu

Can anyone recommend a good, space-saving writing or computer desk?

6packofun

I would like it to be around 36" long and not too deep because it's going in a small space in my bedroom!  I know there was a thread a while back about people creating little nooks in their bedrooms or something like that and hoped someone could chime in with a nice desk recommendation!

What does your space look like? is it a nook or just a space between pieces of furniture?

I always liked the armoire style.  If you just need a space to work but can easily put stuff away (like laptop) then a murphy style desk might work.  Also I've seen custom made nesting desks that look nice and could be functional. When trying to save space it's important to use as much as the vertical space as possible.  So putting a shallow shelving unit above desk for odd and ends or even books/papers would save a lot of space. Also look into getting a wireless printer that you could either place in another part of the room or in a different room altogether.  

My desk is 2 feet deep and 46 inches long which happens to be the exact size of my window nook in my room (DH and I have adjoining rooms because he works nights and I'm noisy during the day). I keep the CPU on a riser (made for stacking cans on in a cabinet) and I use the bass unit of my speaker system as a foot rest.  I have a window directly over my desk so not much I can do with the vertical space.  I do have this little drawer thing on my desk, it holds more bits and bobs (aka pens and candy) then you'd think it could.

Dh and I have a fairly small bedroom.  Our queen bed leaves about 36 inches of space between the bed and the wall on each side.  So, I'll be replacing my bedside table with a writing desk. It could sort of be a corner desk...maybe?  So it can be up to 46" long and then there is the 36" of depth which would bring it RIGHT up to the edge of the bed, if that makes sense.