Menu

Does this job exist?

purplejackmama

I would like to work from home as a customer retention. Ideally I see this as a position where you call on existing clients to inquire about their satisfaction. Help facilitate any issues and to maintain customer relations.

I love listening to people and helping troubleshoot/problem solve. I dreamed this job up for myself in the shower this morning. Does it exist?

There are several iterations of this idea, but I don't know if any of them are "work from home."

Ombudsman

Grievance Management Consultant

Conflict Resolution Counselor

Mediator

Arbitrator

Customer Relations

• Like 1

My sahm friend does that but she also have to market the new products. She is given a long daily list to call and a script of questions to ask. Her kids go to school so she can do that in the mornings. So it is not just customer relations but also sales. Like a Citibank rep would call me to ask me how I like their new internet banking features and than go on to try to soft sell me investment and mortgage products. Xfinity (Comcast) does that too.

I rarely pick up those calls though unless I am bored because any unrecognizable number is not picked up. So I get sent electronic surveys instead by the stores and banks.

• Like 1

It can. Put together a business plan and go in to business for yourself. Hire yourself out on a contract basis to various companies, start locally and grow from there. Be your own boss. Work for when you want, for whom you want. You can thank me for the push in the this direction in 7 years when you're the CEO of your very own successful multi-national company bridging the gap between customers and head honchos, and getting paid the big bucks. ;)

• Like 3

It can. Put together a business plan and go in to business for yourself. Hire yourself out on a contract basis to various companies, start locally and grow from there. Be your own boss. Work for when you want, for whom you want. You can thank me for the push in the this direction in 7 years when you're the CEO of your very own successful multi-national company bridging the gap between customers and head honchos, and getting paid the big bucks. ;)

You're my favorite, Fraidycat

• Like 1