Menu

Just for fun - would you have eaten this?

Pegasus

I made some little cheesecakes (cupcake size) and left them on the counter to cool.  When I returned later, one of them had clearly been licked repeatedly; about 1/3 of it was gone.  I know the culprit and she is small, furry, and meows.  I was both annoyed at the waste and pleased that she had stuck to licking just one and not sampling several of them.  I tossed the licked one.

Later, telling DH about it, he couldn't understand why I tossed it.  He insists that he would have eaten it.

So, would you toss or eat?

My dh would have eaten it. He eats anything. I do not know why I even cook for him. He once ate a sandwich that had still had the paper from the cheese on it and did not notice. He ate my cheese-free pizza and did not notice there was something missing. He will routinely cut out mold and eat the bread - even when there is another loaf sitting there!

• Like 1

I would have thrown that one out. I would eat all the others.

Our dog ate about 1/4 of DS's b-day cake a few years ago. I trimmed away what he ate and frosted the rest. 😳

I probably would have tossed the whole thing but the kids are GF and I didn't have another GF cake mix.

• Like 1

I prob would have cut off the top half, past where they licked, and eaten the bottom.

ETA:  Just re-read your post.  Since it was a small muffin size (didn't catch that the first time), I probably would have tossed it.

I would have felt sick tossing a full cheesecake.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 4

No, not something that was so obviously licked.... but I do kiss her little face and offer her things that she will sniff and sometimes "taste" (she touches it with her closed mouth), then I will still eat it.  DD eats after her but since Miss Mabel sleeps right next to her and is probably the most important thing in her life it's not surprising that they share food.  I think a lot of it is in how you view the cat.  Is she part of the family or just a pet?  At least it makes a big difference here.  AFAIK we've never gotten sick from Mabel (We all are sure to have had Toxoplasmosis long before this cat). I did recently give her my cold though, maybe she should consider not eating after me?

I'm not surprised that most people would have tossed it.  I'm a bit surprised that a few people would have tossed the whole batch, including the ones that looked unmolested. 

I'm pretty sure I could have eaten the licked cheesecake without getting sick.  It just seemed gross and that's why I tossed it.

Cats are germy creatures but so are children and we seem to eat after them without thinking about it.  :lol: 

• Like 1

I probably would have scraped off the licked part and eaten the rest. I absolutely wouldn't have tossed any of the others.

I kiss my dog on the mouth.  :D

ETA: However--if a kid other than my own had licked it, I would have tossed it without a second thought. I suppose that says something about me.  :)

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 2

I would have cut off the licked part and eaten the rest. When I think about it, a cat licks itself all over then goes and sits on the couch, on the bed, on the pillow--it's not like I haven't been exposed to cat spit in a million other ways. And ingesting some cat spit is entirely different than having cat spit injected into tissues via a bite. Eh. 

And to think that I used to be a germaphobe.  :lol:

• Like 1