Menu

The Prep & Landing Lounge 12-27-2016

scrapbookbuzz

Good morning and Happy Tuesday!

Forgive me if I'm a little out of it today - insomnia (brought out my disquiet/restlessness and a headache that wouldn't quit) visited again last night. I really need to remember (BEFORE it becomes the next morning) to break out my essential oils first for that. But last night I didn't even THINK about using them. Anyway, I'm not quite awake yet. Hoping the Green Mountain Organic Sumatra coffee I made in our new Keurig will help!

For snacking in the Lounge today we have Boar's Head Sweetslice ham, which is delicious with some shallot sweet-hot mustard. I forgot about the cranberry cheese log in the fridge (planned to use for Christmas), so that's available too. I don't have any bread or crackers though. May need to make a run for some raw veggies and maybe make some fresh gf bread.

What's on your schedule today? Here: doing the grocery run and meal prepping I wanted to do yesterday. Plus, I really want to solidify a Spring semester schooling schedule. I may break it into quarters instead. But with the kids being in two different theatre casts and dd18 really needing to crack down on some subjects, I need a schedule. And **I** need to stick to it!

What did you have/are you having for breakfast today? Here: not sure yet. Still sipping on coffee to wake up my brain! I need some ideas! If you have them, I also need some non-prep-intensive gluten-free ideas. DD and I both find that most mornings, while we really do want breakfast, it's just too darn hard to figure out what to eat.

Evidently I'm not awake enough to think of a good third question. So it's just two for today.

Talk to me! :bigear:

• Like 1

Still quiet in here. Coffee has finally kicked in so my brain is actually functioning. Which means I remembered I have

some gf pizza in the fridge and I need to go get dressed so I can run an errand before the chiro appt. His receptionist

is going to see snow for the first time ever in her life tomorrow and I wanted to get her some gloves.

So off I go to eat breakfast and "get gone." Later!

Checking in - already been up a while working on listing things for sale. 

Schedule today:Listing more stuff {I have a goal of at least $550 in a week}. Cleaning the dining room and entry. Kiddo is having a sleepover tonight. 

Breakfast: So far - nothing. In a bit I'll have some fruit maybe or I might cheat and have the oatmeal. Scrap - I have a bunch of easy paleo breakfast ideas on my pintrest paleo board. Stuff like ham & egg cups, quiche, fried apples, etc. Or my standard go-to is a can of either pears or pineapple, followed by normally eggs later on {I can't eat protein first or it makes me sick}

• Like 1

I came in earlier intended to post and got sidetracked by a child wanting to cuddle.  Well, it turned out it didn't matter what was on my schedule today.  The 6yo is sick (yay for the foresight to put a metal bowl in the living room!), the toilet was stopped up, the garage door can't be fixed until Thursday, and laundry is on repeat.

I am so done with Tuesday.  Can it be Wednesday now?

• Like 1

I need a better day than today, too. I need a day when I can truly relax. Haven't had one of those in awhile.

Christmas was enjoyable for me, just not relaxing. I need a day I can just sit and read my new book and not worry

about what's going on around me. Maybe I'll disappear to the library one of these days!

• Like 1

((Homeagain)) I hope he feels better soon.

Thanks.  He seems to be on the upward mend.  Children are so......bouncy.  Yes.  Bouncy, I think.  I would be probably down for the count and he managed to try backflips on my couch.  Needless to say, he is now wrestled into bed and I'm getting a chance to breathe without wondering if he would spring a leak again.

• Like 2