Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
texasmom33

X post- Wes Callihan fans- Roman Roads- Old Western Culture DVDs on sale

X-posted from High School Boards: 

Just wanted to let anyone interested know Homeschool Buyers Co-op has the Roman Roads media Old Western Culture series on sale for 30% off through December 31st. 

You can either use this link: https://www.homescho.../?source=240705

Or simply log into your homeschool buyers co-op account and search: Roman Roads. 

30% off is better than I found this past year when we first started. My daughter is in Wes's Ancient Greek class through Schola Tutorials and we have nothing but positive things to say about the DVDs and his classes. This is a great deal, so thought I would throw it out there for anyone interested in taking these classes in the future. All three years are on sale: Romans, Greeks, and Christendom. For Years 1 and 2 it is DVD and online access, for Year 3 I believe it is online access only at this point as the DVDs have not yet been distributed. 

***Note this is only the DVD sets. Not enrollment in the live classes.***

• Like 3

So Texasmom, are these DVD copies of his live classes? Or supplements to his live classes? 

They are supplements to the live classes, not the live classes themselves. But they stand alone as well if that makes sense. It is not a repeat of the live class and you don't need to be enrolled in the live classes to use them as a full credit. 

If you enroll in the live class, each week you do the readings, watch the video lecture for that week, complete the questions, and then attend the live class as scheduled. But if you didn't want to do the live class you could follow as above, and substitute having a discussion with your teen instead and that would suffice to still get the credits I would think. 

In the live class the kids so far have mostly seemed to participate through the chat feature, although the class called for a webcam. She has yet to use it though to my knowledge; but she really enjoys the live discussion part of it. There is always a lot of smiling when she's online with the class. She does like the recorded videos as well, but I think the discussions really bring it home to her. This is our first year with Mr. Callihan. He has turned her into a lover of Homer which is something I was not expecting at ALL. :) The Iliad is now her favorite book. She wants to go through as many of his classes as she can in high school at this point, which is about as good of a reference as I can offer from a kid who would typically rather be doing anything but school on many days. 

• Like 2

Thank you! The sale has been extended through 01/31/2017.

SAVE Up to 30%

on
bcuw7wzkz_r3732_f6.png
by Roman Roads Media®
(For Ages 14 & Up)

Offer Expires 01-31-2017 at 11:59 pm Pacific

Special Notice: 
Great News! We've been given permissions to extend 30% off savings through 01/31/2017! Jump in now before it's gone! (NOTE - Orders placed before 12/31 have been sent to the supplier for processing.)