Menu

Does this kind of dog exist?

madteaparty

Does not shed (at all) and also barks when someone approaches house and maybe is at least a medium size for purposes of at least appearing intimidating :)

We had a white boxer which was a perfect dog but for the shedding. I think short haired dogs are worse...

Edited by madteaparty

Standard poodle. Males tend to be larger.  Our male was 60 lbs. in his prime and sounded like a doberman.  Definitely scared people off.  He's still with us, but at 14 has an old dog bark and is about 55 lbs. now.  They are absolutely awesome dogs.  

If you don't already know, non-shedding dogs have to be groomed.  It's not optional.  On the other hand, he can look like any kind of dog you want.  The standard poodle haircut is not required.  Depending on who is doing it around here (and how cold it is), sometimes he looks like a great big terrier mix and sometimes more like a greyhound.  If you have talented kids that like Bonsai or Topiary, it can be fun.

• Like 5

Does not shed (at all) and also barks when someone approaches house and maybe is at least a medium size for purposes of at least appearing intimidating :)

We had a white boxer which was a perfect dog but for the shedding. I think short haired dogs are worse...

There are certain dogs that are very barky, There's one at the dog park. Next time the dog is there, I'll ask the breed. He's definitely a breed.

On another note: did you know that there's a thing you can buy. . . that when the doorbell rings, it barks (loud)? Yes, you'd find it under safety items.

Here's one: https://www.amazon.com/Guard-Dogs-Barking-Growling-Security/dp/B008B02MU2

I think that one works with an app, but you can get non-app ones.

Alley

• Like 1