Menu

Amazon and Goodwill teaming up

MSNative

I love this! I always have extra Amazon boxes. Some go in the recycle bin and I save some to use when I sell our stuff online, but there are always extra. Yes, I can fit more clothes in a plastic garbage bag but part of the idea is to reuse the boxes. 

I'll definitely use this at times. However, I donate a lot of items to our local SPCA thrift shop, so I'll continue to do that too. I'll probably do this when I just can't seem to get to the thrift shop and really want the stuff gone from the house.

• Like 1

It's easier for me to run to Goodwill than the post office. Plus I can fit more clothes in a garbage bag than an Amazon box. But I agree with the other pp's, I like the sentiment.

They'll pick it up if you want them to.  You don't have to even leave your house.

I saw this on facebook and there were A LOT of people commenting on how they thought this was a horrible deal because they didn't support Goodwill.  They kept saying things like "if Amazon would have partnered up with_______, I would support it, but because Goodwill is NOT a not for profit organization, they thought it was a bad idea.   

I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion, huh? 

Oh, wow! I volunteer at an organization that receives donations from people. You would not believe the disgusting things that people PAY to ship to this ministry - sometimes 30+ dollars to ship old, dirty blankets, long-used towels and grandma's old clothes. I think there are people that just can't throw away things and so they pay for someone else to do it for them. 

And now there's free shipping! 

Shudder....still traumatized, lol.

I saw this on facebook and there were A LOT of people commenting on how they thought this was a horrible deal because they didn't support Goodwill. They kept saying things like "if Amazon would have partnered up with_______, I would support it, but because Goodwill is NOT a not for profit organization, they thought it was a bad idea.

I guess everybody is entitled to their opinion, huh?

Just sharing a link:

http://www.goodwill.org/uncategorized/think-before-you-donate-and-get-the-facts-about-email-rumors/

There's a lot of misinformation floating around out there about Goodwill Industries.

Edited by Kinsa