Menu

Hair product help

HollyDay

I'm having trouble this year with static and fly away hair.  I'm also having trouble finding product I like.  Some are too heavy and make my hair look flat and in need of a wash.  Some don't appear to do much.  Some cause more problems than they help.  And some have a too strong smell

What does the Hive like to use for winter, dry, flyaway, static hair??

You might try spraying a bit of dry shampoo before styling (even on newly washed, but dry hair). It adds a bit of texture without weighing it done and helps with the static. I actually like Suave's dry shampoo better than some of the more expensive brands. 

Edited by texasmom33

I actually like Suave's dry shampoo better than some of the more expensive brands. 

I like Suave's dry shampoo, too.  

I find that argan oil works well if I only apply it to the ends.  I buy the Organix brand.  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Organix-Renewing-Moroccan-Argan-Penetrating-Oil-3.3-fl-oz/17177031  They have a light version, too.

Could you be using too much product?  Too much could weigh hair down and make it look greasy.  I use Amir Argon Oil and I put just a drop of 2 on my fingertips, and then pat my hair with it.  I don't even rub it it.  I have fine hair that tends to get oily.  I never use it on my roots.  This product does have a strong smell so it may not be what your looking for.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently became an independent stylist for Lilla Rose and so I've been learning about all things hair :) I found that changing out your hairbrush can help with static too. No plastic brushes! They really increase static. I also use the Suave product others mentioned as well. Hope that helps!

Edited by scrapper4life