Menu

Prank Christmas cards. Is this a thing?

Hyacinth

We received a card in the mail the other day. It was one of those Shutterfly-type of photo cards with a generic, preprinted Happy Holidays message. No personalization saying who it's from. No signature. No return address on the envelope. Both of our first names and our last name and our full address were handwritten on the envelope. We have NO idea who the two young people in the photo are. And it's not a particularly flattering photo. So, what the heck?

ETA: It was postmarked near our hometown. We now live 700+ miles away though we do still have family there.

Edited by Hyacinth

Maybe an old friend's kid and SO? That's all I could think of. We had a random card like that once but with no picture. It did have a letter enclosed telling all about how they were doing, etc. Dh and I had no idea who the letter was from. So I wrote back essentially saying thanks for the letter but who are you. lol. Turned out to be an old friend from college who, all those years later, had married and had a bunch of kids. She found our address somewhere and thought it would be nice to catch up.

Please update if you solve your mystery!

• Like 1

Back in the old days, before the internet, and when telephone books were the way to get someone's address, my dad received a card from a strange woman, featuring a picture of herself wearing only a santa hat. Turns out my dad shared a name with the area's most eligible bachelor, and the unfortunate woman had chosen the wrong listing from the phone book. Oops. 

• Like 4