Menu

Amazon says it deliverd a package, but it's not here!

PrincessMommy

what can I do.  It's been longer than 36hrs.  It says that it was delivered Tues. at 12:49pm.  I can't find it and it's one I was specifically waiting for too.  Of course, it's a Christmas gift and even if they send another one, it won't get here in time.

I can't find anything on Amazon's website except to wait 36hrs or double check to make sure it isn't really out there :cursing:

• Like 1

One piece of advice - Double check any other boxes.

It might not apply, but it's worth a shot.  With all the app and email notifications, I expected one item in a separate box, but it turns out the item was under a larger item in a box I didn't bother to fully unload.

It's a large item.  Thanks though.

We frequently have items delivered to other addresses, especially at this time of year.  This year in particular a set of packages didn't arrive and my husband was sure they had been stolen because I didn't get to the door right away.  I was home all day.  I checked the door several times.  I was sure he was wrong.  Postman came by to personally deliver our mail a couple of days later and to tell us that he had noticed packages at a house that is currently empty.  He checked the labels and it had our name and address on the box.  They were delivered to the wrong house by UPS.  DD and I rushed down the road to get the boxes.  Turns out UPS has a lot of rookies doing deliveries right now.  Several other boxes ended up at the wrong location.  We have been able to retrieve them but I wonder how many have not?

I hope you can find your package!   :grouphug:

Any roads near yours with the same numbers? In our old neighborhood we frequently re-delivered stuff that wasn't ours but the "other" 1234 ----- Road. This time of year I stack a lot and might not notice. It's worth a drive around the neighborhood.

This is entirely possible.  I may go to the other house with a similar address.

• Like 1

I had this happen recently. After contacting Amazon, they cancelled the order, refunded the money. It was a pain because it was a book I needed for professional certification test which occurred within a week of the order not arriving. (I took the test cramming with other materials. I found out yesterday I passed).

I hope you have good outcome with your present.

• Like 5

We've had to contact them about this, and they are fabulous about making it right. To contact them:

In the search bar on Amazon, type "contact Amazon" and hit enter. It will pull up a link to contact them via email, chat, etc. Click the big "Amazon Customer Service" banner, then choose the tab for which problem you're having under the step one section.

In the step two section, there's a scroll bar menu thing/drop down menu, asking how would you like to contact us? Select phone, and it actually has you out in your number and they call you right back.

Hope that helps!

• Like 4

Bummer!  This happened to me one year.  I got a bunch of packages, but one was missing.  The item missing wasn't expensive and was a gift for me, but then it wasn't anything that special.  So I decided to just take a refund.  About 2 months later a neighbor came to my door with the package.  She said she found it buried under snow when she was shoveling!  It must have blown away and got buried. 

• Like 1

We've had to contact them about this, and they are fabulous about making it right. To contact them:

In the search bar on Amazon, type "contact Amazon" and hit enter. It will pull up a link to contact them via email, chat, etc. Click the big "Amazon Customer Service" banner, then choose the tab for which problem you're having under the step one section.

In the step two section, there's a scroll bar menu thing/drop down menu, asking how would you like to contact us? Select phone, and it actually has you out in your number and they call you right back.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for that idea!  I hadn't thought to put it in the search.  I had to laugh a little because along with the contact link was the book "Contact" by Carl Sagan :lol:

• Like 1

We had this happen a couple of times. Once, the seller was a fraud & sent something (who knows what) to a completely different address (different state) and from looking at comments (after the fact), did this to everyone. Bogus, but Amazon eventually refunded my money.

The other time wasn't an Amazon purchase & the box was more of a small (heavy) crate. UPS said it was delivered. The seller followed up with UPS. They have some sort of GPS thing that tracks all sorts of things. It took weeks. We were called several times. The driver stopped by twice to talk to us. Turns out, he had delivered it to our neighbor and the neighbor had just kept the crate in his garage - not doing anything with it, despite seeing us almost every day. ( :glare: Don't get me started on this neighbor.) 

Ask neighbors if they got a package they weren't expecting!

(Just a couple of months ago, UPS delivered a package to a different neighbor by mistake ( :confused1: totally different address/name ) and she opened it. Then, she ran it over with her apologies!

• Like 1

I've had carriers scan an item as delivered - before it was delivered.  (that one *really* ticks me off!  I think they have a financial incentive to "deliver on time")  it usually eventually showed up.

last night - I started  opening an amazon box, before I noticed it was addressed to my neighbor.   like you, they're probably wondering where their "delivered" box is.  I'll take it over later this morning. at a civilized hour.

contact amazon.

eta: If I hadn't started opening it - I would have just left it on their porch.  but I want to apologize for starting to open it. (it's not open, just started.)

Edited by gardenmom5
  • Like 2

about similar addresses -not as common now with printed labels - but we used to get stuff to a certain house all. the. time. because someone was being lazy about how they made their "9", vs the "0" in the same place in our addresses.

eta: I even had a city meter person do that to us.   the put a "your water is getting shut off' notice on my door.  which freaked me out - until I noticed *they had the wrong street*.

Edited by gardenmom5

If it's for Christmas I would contact Amazon right away so they have time to ship a replacement.

I did, unfortunately it is out of stock.  It's also out of stock locally.  Sigh.  I got my money back, but what i want is the present.  Fortunately, this is for an adult child... but still.   Nothing like getting an IOU for Christmas :blush:

• Like 1

we had that happen before and contacted the post office and Amazon.  Turns out that the package was delivered to the wrong address.  The carrier went and got it and brought it to us (I don't know how she knew where it ended up).  Amazon was great and ordered a replacement which I was able to cancel in time when the carrier found our lost package.  Sorry your item is out of stock.  This time of year can be rough with online orders!