Menu

I was totally going to church this morning...

theelfqueen

Til I saw that it is -7 outside.

I had a bad asthma attack the other day and my lungs still hurt, I had already decided not to sing with the choir.... but I am now just not going out. I will listen to Tim Keller's new Christmas book at home instead.

Plus my Prius does not like the cold.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah, below zero and I prefer to hunker down under a few blankets and not feel the slightest bit guilty about staying home. If it helps, first responders appreciate you staying at home. Fewer people out and about means fewer people that need assistance when they get stuck or have car trouble so they can spend less time out in the elements too. So...win, win!

• Like 2

My Prius handled -12 just fine this morning. It was the kids' Sunday School Christmas pageant, so there was no way we weren't going.

Mine makes a weird noise when it's really cold ...like it groans when turning lol I've had it checked out but nothing is wrong. Because it is so quiet I can hear every noise. Plus I've gotten stuck in snow three times in this car. It worries me. I love it all the rest of the time but that bothers me.

I was going to go to church this morning too, but had a ton of contractions last night, three hours of sleep, and a ton more this morning. So we inflated the birth pool and I began cleaning instead.

Hubby just drove off with the kids but I'm doing final prep and then taking a flipping nap while the contraction crap is mostly gone (because yeah, it comes and goes randomly until transition for me).

At least up here it's warm right now - completely icy, but only about 20 F, which is pretty balmy given that we were sub zero for quite awhile.

Til I saw that it is -7 outside.

I had a bad asthma attack the other day and my lungs still hurt, I had already decided not to sing with the choir.... but I am now just not going out. I will listen to Tim Keller's new Christmas book at home instead.

Plus my Prius does not like the cold.

Hope you feel better soon!

TV stations are urging people to stay home today - below 0 degrees and blowing snow. So no church for us either. 

I was going to go to church this morning too, but had a ton of contractions last night, three hours of sleep, and a ton more this morning. So we inflated the birth pool and I began cleaning instead.

Hubby just drove off with the kids but I'm doing final prep and then taking a flipping nap while the contraction crap is mostly gone (because yeah, it comes and goes randomly until transition for me).

At least up here it's warm right now - completely icy, but only about 20 F, which is pretty balmy given that we were sub zero for quite awhile.

Awww, gonna be a new baby soon. How exciting! 

Hopefully tonight or tomorrow, but not before or my midwives will have to transfer me - I'm 36w6d today and their legal cutoff is 37 weeks. But I'm also so tired of random useless labor that starts and stops, this has been two days straight of lots of action and lulls!

So yes, Monday morning baby would be super. Sunday baby would suck :D