Menu

Who's going to tackle Sunday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Good morning!

Horse chores were an adventure this morning. Temp is -11, wind chill is -28, and a foot of snow on the ground. Worst part was my glasses fogged up and then got all frosty so I could barely see what I was doing. Horses were very happy to see me (or to see their hay)!

To do:

finish up Christmas shopping once and for all

clean stalls

have kids hang some hooks in mudroom

plan out my week

clean up piles of books, newspapers & magazines that are scattered throughout house

look through pantry & freezer for dinner inspiration  thai coconut fish soup

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 2

Good afternoon! Kids (minus ds1) and I went to mass and got donuts after. We then ate them and spent time looking at the newspaper article profiling dd2 from the hs meet yesterday! She had a great meet and set two new school records. This was all on three hours of sleep as we crawled to the airport in a snowstorm Friday night to pick up dd1. All my chicks are home and the house is very crowded.

To do:

general pickup

clean kitchen once everyone eats (probably not until 2 pm)

hang out and watch football

swim team party tonight

Have a great day!

• Like 1

The temp dropped at least 50 degrees rather quickly yesterday and hasn't gone back up, so today is a prep day!  No going out!

Dinners  - I scored a deal on hamburger so I'll be cooking and freezing for a few meals this week.

School - we're in a holding pattern.  I'm putting together a folder of work for the 6yo - about 10 pages total to finish off one book and keep skills up in another subject.

House - cleaning and decluttering.  I have an extra two children in the house this week.

Christmas - Christmas comes a day early here, so I need to get on the ball with wrapping and organizing

Babysitting - I have activities planned, I just need to finish them for the kids to play with later on (Gingerbread playdough, magnetic G-bread man dress up, cookie match game..)

• Like 1

• Treading lightly today after we ate too much food last night when we had guests over - but it was a lot of fun
  • Write remaining Christmas cards
  • Read & Relax with a cup of tea

There was frost on the grass this morning and the night time temps were supposedly between F30 and F34. That's COLD for our area. :laugh:

• Like 1

We were out late last night, and the kids feel a bit under the weather today, so we skipped church.  Then we slept in.  I think it was about 1pm when I finally woke up.

I have a lot of work to do, and theoretically that is what I'm going to spend the remainder of the day on, if I can get motivated.

One of my kids is off shopping with an auntie.  The other is enjoying a DVD movie and trying to feel better.

I have caught the bug too.  So far it is mild.  I hope it stays that way.

• Like 1

ok, I ended up going to Target so I could get the household shopping AND grocery shopping done in 1 stop.  OMG, what a mistake.  Checking out was a nightmare.  Why hire people who are SLOW at the holidays?  It makes it so much worse.  Anyway, I am home with plenty of butter, but too tired to think about baking now.  Will do it all this week.  And since I bought no meat, I need to figure out our menu....

off to commune with my comfy chair...

• Like 1