Menu

Did I dream this...

IT'S HAPPENING! The core text and first year's workbook/answer key are at the copyeditor and heading into typesetting soon. The second year's workbook is 3/4 completed.

Really excited about this program.

IT'S HAPPENING! The core text and first year's workbook/answer key are at the copyeditor and heading into typesetting soon. The second year's workbook is 3/4 completed.

So excited about this!

Will this be suitable for a high school student who has a very poor grasp of grammar rules? In some ways my 16-year-old son would be considered a beginning grammar student. However, he is capable of picking out grammar errors when he is doing SAT/ACT type questions, even though he can rarely give the reason why. He stares at me blankly when I ask him to identify basic parts of speech in a sentence. It's not that we've never gone over this -- for some reason it just doesn't stick in his memory.

We love FLL around here too. In fact when my current 9th grader finished FLL, we didn't know what to do... So we used their incomplete version of ALL (Advanced Language Lessons) that they were so kind to provide, which lasts about 1/2 year or so. This was 4 years ago - and we've used their incomplete ALL on 2 kids since now (love it! even incomplete), so I can't begin to tell you how EXCITED I am for their new version!!!! We had done ALL for  year in 5th, then moved to Analytical Grammar from 6-8th grade. It worked well, but excited about this opportunity! YAY!!!

We love FLL around here too. In fact when my current 9th grader finished FLL, we didn't know what to do... So we used their incomplete version of ALL (Advanced Language Lessons) that they were so kind to provide, which lasts about 1/2 year or so. This was 4 years ago - and we've used their incomplete ALL on 2 kids since now (love it! even incomplete), so I can't begin to tell you how EXCITED I am for their new version!!!! We had done ALL for  year in 5th, then moved to Analytical Grammar from 6-8th grade. It worked well, but excited about this opportunity! YAY!!!

We had the same issue.  We opted for Rod & Staff (the first year transition was horrible).  My 9th grader is now in R&S 9/10 and I have two middle schoolers in R&S 6 & 7, plus a grammar kiddo in FLL4.  I'm curious scope and sequence-wise, what will be the best transition back.  R&S has been very thorough, but oh goodness...I would love to be back with a SWB product.

I am thrilled that I didn't dream this up! Lol I do dream a whole lot about curriculum! I am currently listening to A Guide to the Classical Education You Never Had on Audible, reading The Well Trained Mind 4th Edition as well as as SOTW Ancients and HOTW Ancients.  

• 4 weeks later...