Menu

Challenging Logic Puzzles

AggieMama

DD is in 1st grade. I bought her the Mind Benders for grades 1-2 on Friday. We didn't start working on it until Saturday. She just finished the book. I usually have to poke and prod her to get any work done. I'm looking for the next challenge thing for her. Should I just go up a level or use something else? She loved this book.

We do a lot of logic games. Some favorites are AnimaLogic, ZooLogic, Smart Cookies, Rush Hour, Laser Maze, Camelot Jr (really for my 4yo but my 8yo still liked going through it), IQ twist, and Q-bitz.

For books, we went up with Mind Benders and also got Math analogies and Balance Benders. Can You Find Me doesn't go very high, but if she hasn't done them yet those are fun, too. 

• Like 1

The next levels of mind benders are good for an advanced child, my dd finished levels 3 and 4 this year at age 7 (2nd grade), they are for grades 3-6.
We also like the primarily logic book and pretty much any logic/critical thinking book from prufrock press or critical thinking co, generally I find you need to go one or 2 levels above the recommended for their age, that might just be my kids but we have never found the ones on their grade level to be a challenge at all