Menu

More Christmas gift ideas - 14yo boy fun presents

lewber

All DS 14 really asked for were desk, school and room things that we probably would have done anyway. He's happy with those, but I'd like to find some fun things to supplement. What fun things are your boys in that age range getting? 

Just looking to brainstorm for some stocking stuffers or fun surprises. 

Thanks! 

Is he into gaming at all? Booster packs for games they're interested in and enjoy playing are well received here. Our teens are both getting a few Magic booster packs in their stockings. Small games like Fluxx would be popular here too -- if we didn't have three types of Fluxx already! 😀

• Like 1

Is he into gaming at all? Booster packs for games they're interested in and enjoy playing are well received here. Our teens are both getting a few Magic booster packs in their stockings. Small games like Fluxx would be popular here too -- if we didn't have three types of Fluxx already! 😀

Not into any games that need a booster, but I forgot about FLuxx. We don't have that yet and it is always recommended here. 

Our 14 yr old boy is getting the following: A Mork & Mindy Season 2 dvd, a Baker Street board game, paper airplane materials, a jacket from his favorite MLB team, Peanuts themed flannel sheets, a book on birding, various snow toys, a Ralph Von Williams cd, a tote bag for his music, a new water bottle, PJs, a cardigan, a new tie, a Young Architects kit, baseballs, baseball cards, a Peanuts sweatshirt, and a History of Middle Earth.

His stocking includes a small notebook, a popcorn scented pen, socks, ear buds, bookmarks, buttons (from Zazzle), a hand knit Snoopy washcloth, and glow in the dark shoelaces.

He's an only child and, unfortunately, both sets of grandparents are deceased, so we tend to go overboard for Christmas and birthdays.

magazine subscriptions

a steel pan drum (Hearthsong has a smaller one)

books

a couple of card games or board games from Rainbow Resource

funny candy/themed candy -- current favorite is snowman poop (I think it's mints)

my boys are into sarcastic humor and gifts reflecting that, but I've been trying to ignore it in the hopes that it is just a stage 

a big hit is a mug covered in insults from Shakespeare's plays (another is a book of popular insults used in various historical civilizations/across time)

• Like 1

What my ds14 is getting:

A counter ring from critsuccess.com.  The rings have a wheel in the middle of them.  For instance: one shows rock, paper, scissors.  You spin the wheel in the ring and whichever picture lands on the little arrow wins.  There's also a "yes/no" wheel so you can make decisions by using your ring.

Case for an ipad

3DS games (one new, one used)

2017 Bubble Wrap calendar

Sonic Screwdriver from Doctor Who

A tshirt from Snorg tees

Journal style calendar book because he likes to write a single sentence every day saying what happened that day.

Watch

Stocking: 

A tiny little metal model of an airplane (This one)

A tube of pringles

A bag of Mixels (lego robot things.)

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

Well, board games are always fun.

Here are some more ideas:

tool belt/kit/box

soccer ball

fun t-shirts 

bike lights

camping lanterns (if you camp)

fun mug

books

fun calendar

themed blanket or throw rug for bedroom

frixon pens/highlighters (my kids love these)

fun nightlight (I found an LED toilet light) 

giant candy bar (I saw a lady at Walmart with a 3' Twix bar) 

• Like 1

What are booster packs?

Small packs of around 15 cards that can be used with the base game - replacing other cards in the deck if they want to build their own deck to play with. There's a possibility sometimes of getting higher valued, rare cards too, so there's a chance to get something really good to go with the standard game deck. Other cards would give you a wider variety to play with, or give you more of the same if there was a card you really liked using. It's very random what you get in a booster pack, so they enjoy the surprise of finding out what is in them.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...