Menu

looking for audio or video world or US History

Oh sorry I thought you were looking to supplement. No there is no textbook.

Mystery of History has their books on audio. I think the first 2 are gearing a bit more for younger ages but I have read that many use them for high school by supplementing. The last 2 books are more suited to high school.

Do these satisfy a full HS credit or would I only be able to use them as supplimental?

You would need to add additional readings (or additional Great Courses) and other assignments. The main one, History of the United States, 2nd Ed., is 84 half-hour lectures, so even if the student pauses to take notes, you add some discussion, etc., and count each lecture as an hour, you still need another 40-60 hours or so for a full credit. Also, there are discussion questions in the guidebook (usually 2 per lecture) which you could use for essay assignments, but there are no formal assignments or assessments with the course, it's just lectures.

Do these satisfy a full HS credit or would I only be able to use them as supplimental?

Depends on how many courses you use. Course length varies from 24 to 96 half hour lectures. So it is entirely possible to use GC as a bulk of your credit if you combine multiple courses and add some output.