Menu

For my PNW buddies (or anyone with cruddy weather right now)....what did you do for the past few days?

Tap

I've been hiding out at home  during the ice storm and missed almost 2 full days at work. The kids didn't have school, and I can't have dd10 at home without me for that long, even if both the adult siblings are here.

I baked 3 loaves of banana bread, which are almost gone 36 hours later. (maybe half a loaf left)

I made a second Thanksgiving with chicken (we don't like turkey) and  stuffing this time (ham and mashed potatoes the first time)

Today I defrosted the deep freeze.  I put all the food outside on the patio :0)  lots easier than dealing with coolers LOL 

Cleaned house

Spent wayyyy to much time online

Did some simple crafts with dd10

What did you do? 

• Like 1

did a college visit thursday.  at least we could take the bus.  but I popped a bone (or something) in my foot while I was walking between the hub and dempsey.  not a good place to not be able to walk.  I was able to rest it then walk very slowly.  we got home ahead of the snow.  2ds ran off to 1dd's house and spent the night.  dudeling was really upset when he got up this morning - and there was no one here to play with him in what snow we got.  and school wasn't even late.  :glare: 

friday - finally finished decorating my tree.  now, I can turn my spotty bananas into banana bread - and clean my house.

Yep, lots of posting on the forum. :) We got maybe a foot of snow over three days, and it started melting today. My kids made a boatload shoveling snow! We drove to activities and for errands all but one snow day, too, yet less than our normal would have been. I learned to drive in this place/ski town. I'm good with snow and ice. ;)

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

I woke up early with contractions, fell back asleep after they went away, and sat on my butt most of the day thereafter with way too much pressure and discomfort.

I read part of a book too.

/high achieving pregnant lady?

I was top poster on the board.  :lol:

Goofed off with my dogs in the snow. 

Also got out of going to dh's office party. Woot woot. Blamed the horrible roads & stayed home. 

I wondered why you were so on fire about posting recently!  Next time it happens I'll know to check the weather. :laugh:

• Like 1

We are going through a LOT of firewood!

I did some baking, cleaning, got caught up on grading, had dinner ready and on the table ON TIME every night, and the kiddos cranked out a good amount of school work.

Despite lowering the thermostat and keeping a steady fire going, the heater seems to be going constantly. This month's power bill is going to be horrid....

• Like 1

Yep, lots of posting on the forum. :) We got maybe a foot of snow over three days, and it started melting today. My kids made a boatload shoveling snow! We drove to activities and for errands all but one snow day, too, yet less than our normal would have been. I learned to drive in this place/ski town. I'm good with snow and ice. ;)

I'm good with snow & ice too & have snow tires on the car etc.  The problem is much of population isn't & doesn't (& yet still goes out there, eeek)  

But honestly, even experienced drivers were struggling yesterday in places. 

Our police closed whole sections of roads last night.  Plows & sanding trucks couldn't keep up & in the city, you can't chain up, so you have to wait until they clear the roads or detour around. There were large chunks of hilly parts of town (including major bridges) where without chains you couldn't make it.