Menu

The Most Improbable Thing You Ever Bought on Amazon

Ginevra

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I lived in San Antonio, we had two-hour Amazon delivery.  Often (more times than I care to admit) I would order my groceries and have it delivered to my house.  And yes, because it was two-hour delivery, I could get perishables.  Apples, milk, ice cream....

I would say the oddest thing is toilet paper. Seriously, mail order toilet paper?!?

It was a really good deal though!

Lol, I do toilet paper and dishwasher tabs from Amazon as well because they ship via subscribe n save, so I don't even have to think about them. Plus, the deals are great!

I've ordered random household tools, sushi nori, a wrist brace, a vacuum cleaner, and I don't even know what else from Amazon. I'm not sure what the weirdest thing is, but they have everything.

• Like 1

Hmm I never thought of buying something on Amazon and having someone else do the install.

If it involves any sort of plumbing I haul it home myself (we rarely spend enough for free delivery, we buy cheap low end stuff) and have a master plumber install it. He costs more hourly, but it's always done quickly and correctly.

• Like 1

We have bought most of my son's medical supplies not covered by insurance on Amazon.  Feeding tubes, a portable wheelchair, and a shower chair.  The feeding tube supplies were a bit of a shock that they (third party most likely) sold them on Amazon and not through a medical supplies company.

Check your inbox :001_smile:

Backyard play set. It seemed weird to me but maybe it really isn't. I assumed we would get it from TRU or Sam's, but neither could deliver to our house, only to the store and we didn't have a way to transport that. So we actually spent $100 more to get it from amazon and delivered to our driveway. It was worth it, it's metal and holds really well even against DD's very strong swinging. I'm not sure I would have trusted all the wooden ones we could have gotten to us locally. 

• Like 1

Hmmm. I must be in too deep because I no longer think of anything as being too weird to order from Amazon/online. We all use my account so dh and ds order stuff. We never set up separate family accounts even after Amazon allowed that with Prime membership. Some things I/dh/ds bought that others might think strange -

- a dog agility training tunnel

-pillows

-a vacuum cleaner

-pasta - I couldn't find wagon wheel pasta and ds (younger then) wanted a particular dish I used to make using wagon wheel shaped pasta

-floor mats for our van

-yeast - couldn't find Red Star locally

-a horse head mask - they were popular a few years ago and ds ordered one

-a touchless kitchen trash can

-spare toilet paper roll holder

-English muffin rings and a French bread pan, neither of which I've ever used

-ice cube trays

-a digital outdoor antenna

-a bird feeding station and some bird feeders

-shoes

-a crossbow and arrows (dh)

-yarn

-center wheel caps for hubcaps, with the Toyota logo

A toilet.

You win!  :lol:

Edited by Lady Florida.
  • Like 2

Backyard play set. It seemed weird to me but maybe it really isn't. I assumed we would get it from TRU or Sam's, but neither could deliver to our house, only to the store and we didn't have a way to transport that. So we actually spent $100 more to get it from amazon and delivered to our driveway. It was worth it, it's metal and holds really well even against DD's very strong swinging. I'm not sure I would have trusted all the wooden ones we could have gotten to us locally.

I've bought several playsets and trampolines from Amazon.

A bumper.

I shopped for tires there but found it cheaper elsewhere.

These days the strangest thing to buy on Amazon is probably a textbook. 😂

Back in the internet bubble of 2000ish, I recall looking online and seeing that Amazon was newly selling small tractors and Kozmo (the 1 hour movie delivery service that was a precursor to Netflix and AmazonNow but with snacks too) was offering 1 hour delivery of lawn furniture and I thought that it was the sign that things were going to start failing. Kozmo and HomeGrocer were gone in a short time and Amazon has found a way to make it work (mostly by pouring in cash and forgoing profits until relatively recently.)

• Like 1

Four, because someone already quoted and added herself as three. I am just dying with how totally normal this group makes it seem to have bought a whole car bumper online.....for some reason this totally cracks me up!

That is really impressive. I don't think car bumper would have turned up on my wish list. That's pretty out there.

• Like 2

I just placed an order for a new set of wedding rings (2 sterling silver bands, 1 half-eternity band/CZ/silver, so I can stack 'em).  

I'll know they're fake...but according to the reviews, the world won't.  LOL.

Except y'all.  Now y'all know my wedding rings are fake.

Edited by alisoncooks
  • Like 4

I just placed an order for a new set of wedding rings (2 sterling silver bands, 1 half-eternity band/CZ/silver, so I can stack 'em).  

I'll know they're fake...but according to the reviews, the world won't.  LOL.

Except y'all.  Now y'all know my wedding rings are fake.

We need links!  Would love to see them!

Four, because someone already quoted and added herself as three. I am just dying with how totally normal this group makes it seem to have bought a whole car bumper online.....for some reason this totally cracks me up!

Five.  We've bought one.  (Or maybe that was eBay?  Either way, the internet.)

• Like 2

My husband has bought a bumper too.

I don't find buying car parts online that strange because both my dad and my husband got eBay accounts specifically to buy car parts. That was in the early 2000s.

• Like 3

My husband has bought a bumper too.

I don't find buying car parts online that strange because both my dad and my husband got eBay accounts specifically to buy car parts. That was in the early 2000s.

So that's six!!!  Who knew that bumpers would be the popular item?!  

(They come not in a box, but wrapped in about a zillion layers of bubble wrap and strapping tape.  It's a little odd, but it gets the job done.)

• Like 4

So that's six!!! Who knew that bumpers would be the popular item?!

(They come not in a box, but wrapped in about a zillion layers of bubble wrap and strapping tape. It's a little odd, but it gets the job done.)

Ours was in a box, and still so odd, lol! But yes, I never imagined we'd have such huge "I bought my bumper on Amazon" representation....crazy!

• Like 4

We need links!  Would love to see them!

Well, I started with this cause I wanted something simple....but then I decided that I wanted something more dainty/sparkly.

I love this Pandora knock-off, but it felt too bulky/wide.  (Also, some of the stones were dark.  I'd might eventually get this from Pandora, though.  Love the style.)

Settled on this and this.  Planning on putting the bling-y ring in the middle, two simple bands on either side. :)  They're scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

(The nice thing is A LOT of the jewelry has free returns, so you can try things out, check sizes and such, and returns are hassle free with Amazon.)

Edited by alisoncooks

I'll know they're fake...but according to the reviews, the world won't. LOL.

Except y'all. Now y'all know my wedding rings are fake.

The extra 20lbs I am carrying since baby #6 keep my wedding from fitting. So I bought a stainless steel ring with a cz for $20. I love it. Even if it's fake and not my real ring. 😆

• Like 2