Menu

smaller, less expensive doll house?

ktgrok

DD6 has asked for one (kind of spur of the moment) and grandma is looking for gift ideas. However, with a new baby on the way, space is at a premium. And Grandma already bought some gifts. So if giant, expensive houses are the only option, never mind, lol. But is there something nice, but not room taking over size, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, that a 6 yr old and her younger brother might play with?

How big would the dolls be. Some with smaller dolls might not be safe for a younger sibling.

I don't know if they still make it or what it costs, but at one time dd had a loving family doll house (Fisher Price). It folded up, so when she wasn't playing with it space was less an issue (still a little big) We kept the dolls and furniture in a sterlite container.

Eta I just looked on Amazon. Looks like the smaller fold up version is not made anymore.

Edited by Diana P.

DD6 has asked for one (kind of spur of the moment) and grandma is looking for gift ideas. However, with a new baby on the way, space is at a premium. And Grandma already bought some gifts. So if giant, expensive houses are the only option, never mind, lol. But is there something nice, but not room taking over size, that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, that a 6 yr old and her younger brother might play with?

The Melissa and Doug fold and go dollhouse is fairly small.

https://smile.amazon.com/Melissa-Doug-Wooden-Dollhouse-Furniture/dp/B001P9OGRS/ref=sr_1_3?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1481231667&sr=1-3&keywords=MElissa+and+Doug+dollhouse

(My daughter's is on her dresser. I can get a picture if you need it)

All the dolls adn furniture fit inside when it folds up.

Edited by vonfirmath
  • Like 1

If you are interested, I can ask my mother which one she got.  She bought one that is very tall and wide but not deep at all.   We leave it set up in the hallway all the time.  Since it isn't deep, this isn't a problem. Barbies can stand up in the rooms and barbie furniture works.  Mom would have ordered from Amazon.  

It also folds up.