Menu

Quality twin mattresses at a good price? Any recs?

6packofun

We have some extra money NOW so we want to replace some pretty old mattresses here for 3 of our kids.  

We've always bought at Original Mattress Factory, but are there other affordable GOOD options out there?  And, do you always replace the boxspring when you replace the mattress?  (Should you?)

Weird, but our last 2 mattresses have come from Amazon! They have held up great, so far. One is only a few months old, but the other is about 2 years. Read the reviews and pick one. They are super fun to unpack, too.

We got my son's mattress from Amazon, too, and are very pleased with it.  Easiest mattress buying experience ever!

Are you getting the ones that come rolled up in a box? I keep seeing that and thinking how can that be a decent mattress. LOL

We have 2 of the rolled up in a box type, both queens for our teenage kids. I was skeptical, but have slept on one and it is no different than any other mattress. I was worried about the impossibility of getting one back in the box if I wasn't satisfied!

Sam's and Costco are pretty inexpensive too, but you need a way to get them home.

Are you getting the ones that come rolled up in a box?  I keep seeing that and thinking how can that be a decent mattress.  LOL

Yep, it came rolled up in a box, but you would never know it by looking at it or sleeping on it.  It's just as comfortable as the mattresses we've bought from mattress stores, Sam's Club, etc.  

Sleep Master is the brand we chose, because it had many reviews and was highly rated. My son has been sleeping on it for about a year and a half and says he would highly recommend it.

Are you getting the ones that come rolled up in a box?  I keep seeing that and thinking how can that be a decent mattress.  LOL

I bought these.  Memory foam mattresses, only we bought ours at Wayfair.  Bought a twin size one for DD and a queen size one for DS.  We've had them since early summer, and they are fabulous.  We got ones that are as thick as a standard mattress, so the sheets we had still fit.  They are incredibly comfy, and I think they will last a very long time.  

My DD especially is pleased with hers- the memory foam is so much nicer on her dancer's body than the innerspring she had before.  

They really did come in a box that I could carry up the steps to their rooms and then open up.  It was crazy fun to cut open the plastic and watch them swell!