Menu

ugh my mouth is killing me

SparklyUnicorn

Take your painkillers and go have a Netflix binge in bed. Schools cancelled. The cold cannot be helping. Ugh the pressure that has to add on sensitive facial sinuses. Ouch! Feel better Sparkly.

You can take up to 1000mg of Tylenol with the Advil of it is not enough. We did that for all post oral surgical patients and they were really surprised it worked. Just take care to only take it every 8 hours or more.

The cold can make it worse. Sometimes a scarf helps, since the difference in skin/air temp can make it more uncomfortable. Plus it makes the "I will kill you if you..." stare be more effective.

Feel better soon!

Edited by Elizabeth 2
  • Like 2

You can take up to 1000mg of Tylenol with the Advil of it is not enough. We did that for all post oral surgical patients and they were really surprised it worked. Just take care to only take it every 8 hours or more.

The cold can make it worse. Sometimes a scarf helps, since the difference in skin/air temp can make it more uncomfortable. Plus it makes the "I will kill you if you..." stare be more effective.

Feel better soon!

LOL...this made me laugh.

DH is getting some Nyquil.  I think after a really good solid sleep I'll feel a bit better. 

• Like 1

LOL...this made me laugh.

DH is getting some Nyquil. I think after a really good solid sleep I'll feel a bit better.

They offer me pain killers after fillings. I haven't needed them in that case, but it's nice to know they offer them. I don't think you'd be a wimp if you called and told them you were hurting and asked if they could give you something if the NyQuil doesn't work.

They offer me pain killers after fillings. I haven't needed them in that case, but it's nice to know they offer them. I don't think you'd be a wimp if you called and told them you were hurting and asked if they could give you something if the NyQuil doesn't work.

Yeah I think they were being a bit lame in that department.  I had more than fillings.  A lot more. 

Oh well.

Sorry you're in pain.

I've been having lots of work since the end of October.

They didn't even give pain meds after root canal. Wtf is up with that?! I'm not a big meds person and even I would've welcomed some codeine.

Mine is still irritating and it's driving me mad.

I had a root canal, a wisdom tooth out, several fillings, some horrid deep gum thing...deep cleaning...

I'm a little surprised they gave me nothing.

But oddly I think what hurts the most at the moment are the areas where various instruments were pressing on while being used to do the work and not so much the areas where the work was done on.  I have a lot of cuts and sores in my mouth from that part.

• Like 1

I had a root canal, a wisdom tooth out, several fillings, some horrid deep gum thing...deep cleaning...

I'm a little surprised they gave me nothing.

But oddly I think what hurts the most at the moment are the areas where various instruments were pressing on while being used to do the work and not so much the areas where the work was done on. I have a lot of cuts and sores in my mouth from that part.

Btdt unfortunately! The assistant at the root canal moved something when the doctor was out of the room and it hurt so bad cutting into my gums. I'm telling her it hurts and she said "well I can't move anything you'll just have to wait.". When the doctor comes back I quickly tell her I'm in pain and she mentions I should have said something. "I did!" I "yell" through the gear in my mouth.

The assistant said "I didn't know, she didn't tell me" and I "yell" "she's lying!"

I was not happy and those cuts really hurt!