Menu

Anyone seen any great deals on kitchen appliances?

mommyoffive

new, near new, store returns, and used applainces  show up regularly at Habitat Restores (Habitat for Humanity). .Might have to try several stores , several times. It is hit or miss. For example, when it hits hards, can get a new/near new appliance for 25-35% of current store price. Used great condition stainless double over top-brand maybe $200.

• Like 1

I would suggest that you DO NOT consider purchasing from Sears or from K-Mart, because they may go out of business (2 of their executives have just quit, according to an article I read 1 or 2 days ago).  They are on the verge of bankruptcy and are closing stores.  GL with whatever you decide to purchase!

ETA: When I lived in TX, I needed to buy a Refrigerator and I called around to different stores. A Montgomery-Ward store in Dallas had a Refrigerator that was the previous year model. Until then, I didn't know Refrigerators had model years.  I bought it and saved money. It was Brand New and in Perfect Condition, but it was the previous year model.  

Edited by Lanny

new, near new, store returns, and used applainces  show up regularly at Habitat Restores (Habitat for Humanity). .Might have to try several stores , several times. It is hit or miss. For example, when it hits hards, can get a new/near new appliance for 25-35% of current store price. Used great condition stainless double over top-brand maybe $200.

:thumbup1:

We bought a 30" DOUBLE oven with all the features at the ReStore for $100.  We also bought an extra-capacity electric clothes dryer for $150.  (Demand is the only reason I can see the dryer costing more than the oven.)

I was in Habitat Restore the other day.  Got a great deal on a Hansgrohe stainless kitchen faucet, so I went to Home Depot and got a stainless sink.  This completes my stainless kitchen conversion. Here was by budget:

--Very high end double oven ( craigslist. drove 4 hours r/t)

--very high end  5 burner stove top ( Habitat Restore)

--Major brand (not sears related) french door, with lower drawer refrig (store return, Sears Appliance outlet, and some well placed magnets. This was the budget eater)

--range hood ( distributors showroom. Severely scratched  in the back that goes against wall. not visible at all when installed)

--- microwave (walmart sale)

--dishwasher (HD special buy, with free delivery. self installed)

--large trash can, with foot pedal opener

total cost for all of above, $2200 plus $300 for installation of oven, and hood (a little high for labor, but came on short notice)

Feel pretty good because it looks just as nice as a friend who made one stop and got the equivalent quality (with full stove though, and all the appliance the same brand)  for $18,000 plus tax and finance, being installed by a contractor.

I was in Habitat Restore the other day.  Got a great deal on a Hansgrohe stainless kitchen faucet, so I went to Home Depot and got a stainless sink.  This completes my stainless kitchen conversion. Here was by budget:

--Very high end double oven ( craigslist. drove 4 hours r/t)

--very high end  5 burner stove top ( Habitat Restore)

--Major brand (not sears related) french door, with lower drawer refrig (store return, Sears Appliance outlet, and some well placed magnets. This was the budget eater)

--range hood ( distributors showroom. Severely scratched  in the back that goes against wall. not visible at all when installed)

--- microwave (walmart sale)

--dishwasher (HD special buy, with free delivery. self installed)

--large trash can, with foot pedal opener

total cost for all of above, $2200 plus $300 for installation of oven, and hood (a little high for labor, but came on short notice)

Feel pretty good because it looks just as nice as a friend who made one stop and got the equivalent quality (with full stove though, and all the appliance the same brand)  for $18,000 plus tax and finance, being installed by a contractor.

Nice job.

I really need to get moving in this.  I should have done it a few weeks ago as we are hosting stuff.  Oh well.