Menu

Latin Prep Book 1 -- Out of Print

Does anyone know where I can get a Latin Prep Book 1? It looks like it is currently out of print. Does anyone have one they would like to sell? The workbooks still appear to be available, but I am not sure that we can do the workbooks without the main text.

Not Laura, but I compared the samples for the link you posted to Latin Prep 1.  The new book lacks the snark and overarching story line of the old books.  That isn't necessarily bad but we enjoyed the snark.  The actual exercises are pretty comparable between the old and the new text.  In fact some of the exercises were the same in parts.  They had the same kinds of exercises in what they practiced - moving from practicing the different endings of the adjectives to translations into Latin and from Latin. 

Not Laura, but I compared the samples for the link you posted to Latin Prep 1.  The new book lacks the snark and overarching story line of the old books.  That isn't necessarily bad but we enjoyed the snark.  The actual exercises are pretty comparable between the old and the new text.  In fact some of the exercises were the same in parts.  They had the same kinds of exercises in what they practiced - moving from practicing the different endings of the adjectives to translations into Latin and from Latin. 

Thanks, Jean. I wanted LP because I thought it would appeal to my DS. I guess if I cannot get LP for a reasonable price, this would be the alternative + Cambridge for the story. Somehow, I missed the sample, so I appreciate you taking the time to find it and compare.