Menu

Rivals for Catan set-up question

PeterPan

Hahaha!  Well I let him rearrange them, and then he figured out if he placed the storehouse between the sheep and the gold he could protect them both from the brigands.  In other words, it's to my benefit if he's not allowed to do that, lol.  But I don't want to restrict that if it's not a rule.  :)

I found this on the FAQ site for the game:

Versions of the game - Introductory Game - In the Introductory Game, do I have to adhere to the region setup as specified there?

The setup specified in the rules is the best option for beginners. Of course, once you have become more experienced, you can try to gather additional expertise by using different setups. In that case, however, you should add the Theme Sets, because there you can arrange the regions at your convenience.

• Like 1

We usually do random set up for it too like the original. I don't think it says in the directions how to set it up though. The only reason I'd say you should do random or per the instruction set up is because some cards allow you to rearrange the regions so if you set them up as you'd like that card isn't as important ( I guess until you add other regions later on...)

• Like 1

I found this on the FAQ site for the game:

Versions of the game - Introductory Game - In the Introductory Game, do I have to adhere to the region setup as specified there?

The setup specified in the rules is the best option for beginners. Of course, once you have become more experienced, you can try to gather additional expertise by using different setups. In that case, however, you should add the Theme Sets, because there you can arrange the regions at your convenience.

Thanks!  I went to their site looking for something like that and got distracted with their interactive tutorial.  We keep realizing we've missed little nuances in the rules, lol.

• Like 2