Menu

Instant Pot Request: Vegetarian Recipes

poppy

Can I make any good meat-free meals in the Instant Pot?  I know it can do veggies, but, I'm talking meals.

I'd also love to learn about any cookbook that has a good number of meatless entrees.  Doesn't half to be even half of the book..... a half dozen would be a great.

There are a handful of vegetarian / vegan ones but I'm not a fan of them.  (Well, the profanity-filled vegan one actually looks quite good, but a bit too weird-ingredient for me).

I make beans, soups, chilis, macaroni and cheese...

Are you on FB? There's a huge Instant Pot Community group with tons of recipes and info. There's a spin off for vegetarian recipes only. I've seen cookbooks recommended, but I have stopped buying them bc I use online recipes more.

This one is super easy, super tasty and from mostly pantry items:

Coconut lentils

1 cup or so of chopped onion

1 pound  (2 cups or so) lentils (I use a mix of red and green)

1 can diced tomato

1 can tomato paste

1 can coconut milk

4 cups stock or water

spice to taste: a teaspoon or so of garam masala, pepper

Brown onions in a little oil on saute mode.

dump in everything else.

20 minutes under pressure.

We eat it on  rice.  Very yummy.

Disclaimer - Most of these are vegan, but you do you.

Simple Daily Recipes - http://simpledailyrecipes.com - YouTube, Facebook, and her website. Her pressure cooker recipes are InstantPot specific since Jill has an InstantPot obsession. She has a cookbook, but it's self-published and too expensive imo. Lots of recipes on channel and website. Plus she homeschools so that's kind of cool.

JL Goes Vegan - http://jlgoesvegan.com - She has a blog and a cookbook ("Vegan Pressure Cooker")

Jill Nussinow - http://www.theveggiequeen.com/pressure-cooking/ - She has two cookbooks.

Lorna Sass has a cookbook called "Great Vegetarian Cooking Under Pressure"

Chef AJ - used to do a YouTube show called "The Chef and the Dietician" that featured a number of electric pressure cooker recipes.

• Like 1

There are a handful of vegetarian / vegan ones but I'm not a fan of them. (Well, the profanity-filled vegan one actually looks quite good, but a bit too weird-ingredient for me).

There definitely aren't any recipes designed for the Instant Pot in the first Thug Kitchen book though any soup or step could be done in there. I'm not sure what you mean by weird ingredients though. Everything in Thug Kitchen is pretty much a household staple for plant based diets. I don't do much tofu (soy allergy) or tempeh so I just skip those or substitute in something else.

There's a pretty decent Vegetarian Slow Cooker book that I like called the Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker. It's all about whole meals, not sides. Assuming you want to use that feature on your Instant Pot.

Edited by LucyStoner

These are great, thanks! I am making my own cookbook.  Will join the FB group too.

There definitely aren't any recipes designed for the Instant Pot in the first Thug Kitchen book though any soup or step could be done in there. I'm not sure what you mean by weird ingredients though. Everything in Thug Kitchen is pretty much a household staple for plant based diets. I don't do much tofu (soy allergy) or tempeh so I just skip those or substitute in something else.

There's a pretty decent Vegetarian Slow Cooker book that I like called the Gourmet Vegetarian Slow Cooker. It's all about whole meals, not sides. Assuming you want to use that feature on your Instant Pot.

Is not Thug Kitchen, is a knock off. https://www.amazon.com/Epic-Vegan-Instant-Pot-Cooking/dp/1530144604