Menu

Amazing/Fun/Unique Gifts for Adults???

Chocolate Rose

We will be doing a gift exchange with a $30 max with adults. The majority are 55-65 years old, but I don't know who we'll get. There are also a few 30ish year olds. I won't know what their interests or needs are so I'm hoping for something kind of universal. Would rather not do gift cards. They are all pretty well off (we're not) so are able to purchase anything they need.

The one cool gift I have found this year is one I purchased for a gift exchange at work. I happened to draw the name of a woman who loves to read, so I ordered the November package from www.onceuponabookclub. I'm really looking forward to giving it to her. 

• Like 1

It probably depends on what this particular group is interested in. We love getting games for our friends, mostly silly/fun ones like a drinking Jenga game, or charades. Maybe a date-night gift, or novelty kitchen accessories. Maybe a gift basket with little condiments and sampler drinks with candles and fun soaps. I'm a big fan of gift baskets.

Oh, and a nice pen set. You can get some lovely rollerball and fountain pens in that price range that feel luxurious but are still fairly reasonable as far as that market goes. Higher end writing implements are such a treat.

These are some of my favorite purse pens:

http://www.coloradopen.com/category/Monteverde-Aldo-Domani-Mini-Ballpoint

Edited by Arctic Mama

I don't know if this would work, but we love Penzeys Spices. https://www.penzeys.com/

We got a gift set of their grill/meat seasonings for some friends who love to grill.  

We love many of their products. They have two nice gift sets on sale right now, but they go off sale tonight (11/27). You will need to factor in shipping if you don't have a local store, but you get free shipping if you spend $29.95. 

$29.95 one on sale for $19.95--curry, frozen pizza seasoning, cinnamon, roasted garlic, mural of flavor (salt-free mix), minced garlic, oregano, sandwich sprinkle, all in 1/4 c jars, plus a "Love People, Cook Them Good Food" bumper magnet and a "kind heart" pin

$49.95 one on sale for $29.95 (I ordered this one as a gift for a friend who loves to cook)---same as above, but the curry, pizza seasoning, mural of flavor, and cinnamon are increased to 1/2 cup jars, and you get a 2oz bottle of vanilla.

I'm not clear if you need to have one or two gifts, but if you spend $50 online you get a free ancho chile pepper 1/4 c jar and free frozen pizza seasoning 1/4 c jar.

They have a few other sets that would be in your price range, but I think the best of those would be the cocoa lovers which has 4 1/2 c jars--cocoa, hot chocolate, mint hot chocolate, and cinnamon for $18.95. It's packed with whole nutmeg, bay leaves, and cinnamon sticks, which makes for a nice presentation.

If you happen to be looking to bulk up the order to $29.95 by getting something for yourself, we use their roasted garlic, cocoa, Fox Point seasoning, Sunny Paris seasoning, garam masala, and the air-dried shallots the most. The spices come in nice reusable glass jars as well.

Edited by KarenNC

We do a $20 gift exchange with family and I have to buy for 3 gifts (one from me, dh and ds22). 

Each year, I do one themed food item.

Year before last I did a breakfast theme.  Flavored waffle/pancake mixes, maple syrup, ligonberry syrup, sprinkle top powdered sugar, etc.  (Cost Plus/World market is a great place for these types of items)

Last year, was browies.  A Le Creuset brownie pan, a box of my favorite brownie mix (could be homemade if you wish), chocolate chips and suggestions for things to go with it, ice cream, fudge frosting, German chocolate topping etc.(my family will appreciate 'from a box' style more than homemade LOL)

I have done ice cream themed before with old fashioned style sunday glasses, spoons, sprinkles, toppings etc. 

I have also done coffee with a nice travel cup flavored syrups, sprinkles etc.

Edited by Tap

I'm assuming it's a Christmas themed event....in our world, Christmas décor items are always a hit. I gave a lighted gingerbread boy (outdoor décor) with a few gingerbread related items (cookie cutters, kitchen towels, etc.) at a Christmas exchange. It was well received.

Thanks everyone, for all of your suggestions.

The problem I'm having is that these are all people with established homes/lifestyles and they're all foodies. They buy what they want or need.

They have all the kinds of "stuff" that you would normally think of in this situation. I considered Penzey's but when I looked at their options, I didn't really see anything unique that would work since everyone already has great spices. I did see a package on Crate Joy that might work.

I should know in the next couple of days if I'm buying for a female or male or both (dh and I each need to buy a gift. Guess who is buying his).