Menu

Who here has tried Lularoe leggings? Anyone on here sell these?

StaceyinLA

My niece sells these and I really just blew the idea off because leggings aren't really my "thing," and I thought a lot of them were tacky. Then, I was at her house and felt a pair. OMG!!! I think I died and went to heaven!

Anyway, I bought a couple really cheesy pair to wear as pajama pants and around the house, but I want to get a couple prints that I would actually wear out in public (with appropriate length sweaters of course).

Does anyone on here sell these? Does anyone on here wear these? Just wondering what the Hive thinks...

My 12 year old loves them and I have a couple pair.  I have a black pair I wear all the time under skirts/dresses.  My dd loves crazy patterns!  They're nice quality.  I don't get cult like obsessed with this stuff, but in general we've been happy with the things I've gotten through LuLaRoe. 

Yeah I bought two pair and am afraid - very afraid. I don't know that I'll want to wear anything else. I just need to find appropriate length shirts and sweaters because I want to wear them, but don't want any thigh jiggle showing at ALL.

I don't have the t-shirt. I have the Irma shirt and it provides good coverage. With the Irma I was directed to order a size down. Wearing the leggings and Irma shirt, I am so comfy. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be the dissenter. I wanted to love LLR. But I bought a pair of leggings and they weren't high quality. I followed the care instructions and they had holes in them after a couple of wears. The company and the consultant basically told me I was SOL.

I found an online site that had some fun leggings for cheaper and got some starry night leggings I adore for $17. I've worn them and washed them a bunch and they are still holding up well.

If you are going to buy pay attention to the fabric and the sizing. LLR sizing can be confusing. You might wear XS in one type of shirt and M in another. And the fabric can make a difference too. My LLR junkie friend has had to exchange a few items because the different fabrics made the fit different. Not a big deal if she had been dealing with a local rep but she wasn't so she ended up having to pay shipping which added up.

• Like 2

What I can't figure out is what shoes to wear with them. I don't look good in boots. And it appears that people don't wear socks with these unless it's a dressed down look with sneakers. I want to dress them up a bit but still have socks on my feet in the winter.... so I have yet to buy them, but I want to!

I do know they have had some issues with holes, but are supposedly dealing with that. My niece takes back any that get holes right away and replaces those - lots of consultants are doing that and the company is trying to pinpoint where the ones with holes are coming from to deal with the issue.

Honestly, the leggings are the only thing I really like anyway, and I mostly got fun, obnoxious prints to wear as pajamas at home.

However, with a long enough top, I'd wear them in public and I think for shoes, you could go a couple of ways. I like the little booties with them, and you could wear a sock that didn't show out the top, or a pair of chucks with no-show socks, or a cute wedge boot (my niece said her Tom's wedges look really cute with hers). I'm no fashionista, but I think I could pull something together if I could find shirts/sweaters long enough to allow me to feel comfortable in these out in public.

I wear jeggings all the time, but the denim keeps those jiggly places still. ;-p

• Like 1

I'll be the dissenter. I wanted to love LLR. But I bought a pair of leggings and they weren't high quality. I followed the care instructions and they had holes in them after a couple of wears. The company and the consultant basically told me I was SOL.

I found an online site that had some fun leggings for cheaper and got some starry night leggings I adore for $17. I've worn them and washed them a bunch and they are still holding up well.

If you are going to buy pay attention to the fabric and the sizing. LLR sizing can be confusing. You might wear XS in one type of shirt and M in another. And the fabric can make a difference too. My LLR junkie friend has had to exchange a few items because the different fabrics made the fit different. Not a big deal if she had been dealing with a local rep but she wasn't so she ended up having to pay shipping which added up.

Would you mind sharing the website where you found the cheaper leggings?  I have a friend who has asked me to help her find a substitute for LLR.  She's going through cancer treatments and has lost so much weight none of her clothes fit.  She would like something less spendy.  

Would you mind sharing the website where you found the cheaper leggings? I have a friend who has asked me to help her find a substitute for LLR. She's going through cancer treatments and has lost so much weight none of her clothes fit. She would like something less spendy.

So sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer sucks. ;(

Onlineleggingstore.com

Some of the stuff is crazy but some are cute. Def check out the hamlet leggings. They tend to have a lot of coupons and sales.

Size is pretty true though of your friend is tall she may want to go up one size.

I've heard the quality is terrible as well and I personally think they are kind of ugly.  Sorry, not my thing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I have... uh... maybe 10 pairs of them?  And 2 shirts and 5 skirts and 10 dresses.  All purchased since Christmas.  And I'm typically a capsule wardrobe person.  DH calls the pencil skirts, "The magic butt skirts."

I got my first pair for Christmas, and happened to have a tunic that matched in my suitcase so I wore them on the drive home.  I thought it was ridiculous to pay $25 for leggings, but boy did my tune change when I got them on.  They are life changing leggings.  They are SO soft and comfortable and despite being in loud patterns they somehow make your legs look smaller.  But not your tummy.  That was my DH's assessment, anyway.

I thought they were a bit overpriced so I read a bunch of online reviews and tried some similar leggings (VIV brand) and tunics that are sold on Amazon.  And those are almost as soft, but they are not as high of quality. They bunch around the knees and they start slipping down if you walk more than a mile in them, and they are just overall not worth it. So I went back to LLR and sort of went crazy.

I do think you have to be careful not to look like you're dressing like a toddler with some of the crazy prints.  And I'm not a huge fan of their shirts - they're very oversized, and they have no waist so if you don't wear a belt you look fatter than you are.  On the other hand, the clothes are so loose and stretchy that if your weight fluctuates or if you get pregnant or something, these clothes really do stretch to fit.

I would try some on in person before you go crazy with purchasing though - some of the styles I thought I would love and when I put them on, not so much. They're just not cut to fit my body in a flattering way. And the sizing is sort of crazy - I'm very busty, so for some of the things I need to size WAY up to 2-3XL (Julia dress), and in some of the things I'm fine in a small or medium.  There's this dress with pleats and pockets that is high waisted - in that I have to size up to a 3XL to get one with a waist low enough that I don't look pregnant. The sizing is not very intuitive that way. On the other hand, I've lost about 15 pounds since Christmas, and all of these things still look great, even though I've given a car trunk full of other brands of clothes to Goodwill recently.

I did go on Amazon and to Maurices and get several extra long tank tops (some were labeled "shirt extenders") so I could wear my normal tops with the leggings and still keep my rear covered.

The people I buy through say they've never had trouble with holes, but they do run their arms through the leggings before sale to make sure to catch them before selling them, and if you do have a problem they'll do an equal exchange, no questions asked.   If your rep didn't exchange them for you, call a different one, because I'm certain they give a credit for that now.

Anyway, I was loosing weight and needed some more clothes, and opted to go with LLR because they are so stretchy and I think they'll adapt down as I lose more weight. They're not cheap when compared to the Old Navy I frequently buy just to wear around the house, but they're cheaper than the equivalent department store clothes, and they're cheaper than buying replacement clothes as I lose weight, so I think they're worth it.

I love how easy it is to find stuff that fits my standards - I like a little sleeve to cover my upper arms, and I like dresses to cover my knees so I don't have to squeeze my legs together every time I sit down in public. I also like dresses to have a defined waist, and most of theirs do.  It's flattering and ladylike without looking stuffy.

Hi everyone. My wife & I have just been on boarded to become consultants for LuLaRoe. My wife who fell in love with the company and clothes loves all of her items and yes she has had an issue with one as well that she bought from another consultant but as far as the overall quality we have been very happy. While these are not the cheapest items in the world they are no where to even close to the most expensive. One thought we should all consider is that when you buy from a large online retailer (i.e. eBay) usually a large foreign company is profiting, with LuLaRoe you are helping to support families in and around your communities. For anyone looking for a little more info or would like to check out our inventory please in box me and I would be happy to assist you.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Punctuation is your friend.

I like LLR. Im not fan girl obsessed like some people I know! I'm not much of a leggings girl but I like to wear them under the Carly dress. They are like butter! I'm actually hosting a party this weekend to feed DD's LLR habit😂. She has several pairs and can spot LLR on people in public😂.

I do think their prices are high but I mostly shop at thrift stores and clearance racks, so I'm not sure if they're reasonable or not.