Menu

Accountability Thread: 11/20-11/26

Good morning! I've got the week off from school, theoretically. In fact, I've got to insist on some math practice and Latin review. Today I plan to cook a lot, clean a little, get the review and practice work planned, and I need to write another 4K on my novel. Last week, I finished the rewrite on my first novel. I've set it aside to cool while my beta-reader finishes with it. Then I get to go through it yet again, cutting, picking, polishing and putting it back together again. For now, I'm going to just concentrate on getting a good start on the sequel.

There's some work for me this week, Thanksgiving, and a birthday. By next week, I'll have teenagers in the house. :svengo:

• Like 2

Sun - dd worked ahead in Lit. and she wrote a poem!  An actual poem!  With no tears.  It's not poet laureate material but I'm really impressed that my very reluctant writer actually did this assignment. 

:hurray: Poems are tough!

I tweaked my back first thing this morning. I'm glad I don't have much school to take care of. One boy has Latin practice, the other some math practice. I'm trying to keep the cat out of my yogurt so that I can take some medicine this morning. I have way too much writing to do to go without treating my back today.

• Like 2

I tweaked my back first thing this morning. I'm glad I don't have much school to take care of. One boy has Latin practice, the other some math practice. I'm trying to keep the cat out of my yogurt so that I can take some medicine this morning. I have way too much writing to do to go without treating my back today.

Ouch! Hope that clears up quickly.

We are not taking off any time this week since we didn't start our year until Oct 1. I was even trying to figure out if I could fit in school on Thanksgiving itself :-p But I am going to go really heavy on audio books. Most of my week will be spent in the kitchen. Lots of cooking plus my dishwasher had an accident this weekend... DH ordered me the new part but it won't come for two weeks. Lousy week to be hand washing everything.

DS was mildly sick today so we stayed home from ice skating. School was 3 hours of audio books while resting on couch or gently playing legos. He perked up a bit after lunch and we drilled phonograms and did two (very easy) pages in BA. Then I read some of the Indian In The Cupboard to him.

This afternoon I need to:

- Fill out homeschool paperwork I didn't finish last week

- wash the breakfast/lunch dishes

- bake all the bread that will turn into stuffing for thanksgiving (weird food allergies are such a joy sometimes :-p)

- plan some sort of dinner (creative assembly of leftovers)

- wash up those dishes and make sure everything is picked up for morning.

• Like 3

I'm frustrated. Day two of what was supposed to be a break and dd and I are still not done with last week's school. We were supposed to finish it up yesterday but dd slept in until 11 am and it just didn't get done. I could have gotten her up, of course, but had decided to give her leeway. Today I don't feel as generous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2