Menu

TV series appropriate for 14yo boy?

mothergooseof4

My son was watching Orange is the New Black without me realizing it. I've never seen it, but when I told him I'd watch a few episodes he dropped the subject real quick. Ugh! Can we get some recommendations for interesting dramas? He isn't into science-fi, crime shows, or super heroes.

Edited by mothergooseof4

So Science Fiction, Crime shows and super hero shows are out but he likes dramas?

Hmmm...is he o.k. with period pieces?  There is Poldark.  Can't remember if there is any TeA...

If he is o.k. with older shows maybe ER.  

Degrassi?

I am sure there are a lot of other suggestions but we mainly watch Sci Fi, Crime Shows and Super Hero shows here.  LOL

The Fosters is a good drama for teens. The main family is headed by a lesbian couple, though if that is a problem for you.

Switched at Birth is also a really good teen drama.

One tree hill is awesome but not new. Characters are sexually active, but not graphic.

I was thinking about this more... it's tough. No crimes, no scifi, no superheroes.

So that means contemporary drama, except without crimes. But most of the things I'm thinking of have crimes. What about Chuck? Spy show (though there's some crimes). Or Psych? Only funny crimes.

Boys can enjoy Gilmore Girls. My boys really love Jane the Virgin.

The Fosters is a good drama for teens. The main family is headed by a lesbian couple, though if that is a problem for you.

Switched at Birth is also a really good teen drama.

One tree hill is awesome but not new. Characters are sexually active, but not graphic.

I haven't seen one tree hill but the first two man ..... I can't take all the constant taking about everyone's feeeeeeelings.

But maybe I wouldn't have minded as a teen? I

I'd let's teen seeking out action and thrilling plots watch Supernatural and Vampire Diaries. They are both firmly PG13 (vampire diaries more so) but if he's seeking out OITNB - it's way more age appropriate . And they're really really fun compared to shows about feeeeeeelings.