Menu

Hours for club/transcript

Agree with Regentrude. List all extracurriculars in a separate extracurricular activities document.

As far as how much time for being a club -- there is no set amount of hours. But it does need to be a regular event/meeting over a long enough period of time over the school year to be a solid activity to call it a club. Most high school clubs tend to meet once a week for at least 9 weeks, 12 weeks, or a full semester. Many clubs meet all school year, but may only meet every other week.

What other activities does your student have? Is it reasonable to roughly compare to help you decide how the Stock Market Club fits in? (note: I would not compare sports teams and activities, as sports are so time intensive...)

Just as a very general comparison: For many high school clubs that have a shorter duration (fewer weeks of meeting), the club often meets for a longer time (i.e., 2-4 hours per meeting once or twice a week) in preparation for a specific event -- for example, a 4-H event, a science fair, robotics competition, model legislative or mock trial event, etc.

For a club that does not have that sort of event attached, meeting for 90 minutes weekly for 12 weeks, or meeting every other week over one or two semesters, certainly is regular enough to qualify as a solid club and worthy of mention on an extracurricular list.

Just my 2 cents worth! YMMV. ? Sounds like a fun activity -- enjoy! Warmest regards, Lori D.

Edited by Lori D.
  • Like 1