Menu

Alternatives to Teavana

Mimm

Also, the tea you sample in the store is loaded with sugar.

AND it's almost always a custom blend that they made there, so then you have to buy all the varieties they used in that blend (sometimes three or four) and spend four times as much only to not have your cup of tea taste as good as you remembered.

Sorry, I don't really have a good suggestion.  I do have a local tea shop that isn't so sneaky with their demos, but I think the tea ends up being about the same cost-wise as teavana.

However, if you'd like to have a look, they do ship.  You can purchase by the ounce, so you can buy small quantities to try, so that is a nice bonus. 

http://favatea.com/

• Like 1

Teavana often has sales and free shipping offers, so you might want to sign-up for their emails, just in case an offer brings the prices down to what you are willing to pay. They just had 30%, don't know if that is still happening. Last year, we stopped there on Black Friday and they had the best prices that I have seen - clearance prices. I want to go out on BF just to stop by Teavana.

Teavana often has sales and free shipping offers, so you might want to sign-up for their emails, just in case an offer brings the prices down to what you are willing to pay. They just had 30%, don't know if that is still happening. Last year, we stopped there on Black Friday and they had the best prices that I have seen - clearance prices. I want to go out on BF just to stop by Teavana.

Recently I was able to get a small quantity of one of their tea blends online, whereas the store would not cell me that amount. I think in the store I would have had to buy 2 ounces of each type in the blend (there were 2), for a total of 4 ounces. However, online I was able to get 2 ounces of the blend. I didn't have to pay shipping, either. I don't know why they have different policies for their shops than online.

• 10 months later...