Menu

Why would you sell a solutions manual without

Georgie

step by step solutions? In all the previous Saxon Math editions I have used, the solutions manual showed each step. In Algebra 1/2 they only have the answers. The answers do not help when you are stuck. You don't learn anything from the answers.

Which edition are you using? We used the third edition and the solutions manual had more than just the answers?

Which edition are you using? We used the third edition and the solutions manual had more than just the answers?

We have the third addition also. The solution workbook came with the homeschool packet. The test answer section shows the solutions to the tests. The answer section for the mixed practice simply shows the answers not the detailed solutions. I emailed Saxon, but I haven't heard anything yet.

We have the third addition also. The solution workbook came with the homeschool packet. The test answer section shows the solutions to the tests. The answer section for the mixed practice simply shows the answers not the detailed solutions. I emailed Saxon, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Ahhhhh -- okay. I think I understand the problem now. We have four books -- (1) the textbook itself, (2) the test forms booklet, (3) the "Homeschool Packet" that includes the test solutions and answers *only* for the text book problems, and (4) a "Solutions Manual" which has the solutions for the text book problems. Is this the one you're missing?

Ahhhhh -- okay. I think I understand the problem now. We have four books -- (1) the textbook itself, (2) the test forms booklet, (3) the "Homeschool Packet" that includes the test solutions and answers *only* for the text book problems, and (4) a "Solutions Manual" which has the solutions for the text book problems. Is this the one you're missing?

Yep, that must be the one I am missing. I wish they had put everything together like the previous levels. Having to pay twice for this irritates me. Thanks for your help.

Yep, that must be the one I am missing. I wish they had put everything together like the previous levels. Having to pay twice for this irritates me. Thanks for your help.

Yeah -- I don't blame you. Seems like they could have included it in one book. But I *am* glad we got it figured out. :001_smile: Good luck!

They sell it separately so that people can purchase the step-by-step solutions manual only if they need it. If you only need the answers, having the solutions as well would be a lot to wade through to check work.

That's my guess as to why it's done that way.