Menu

Do you know the sound of "your" UPS truck?

Do you know the sound of "your" UPS truck?  

1. 1. Do you know the sound of "your" UPS truck?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A (I live too far from the road, etc.)
    • Other, because there must be an "other." Please elaborate.

Yes for the UPS, FedEx and FedEx Ground. Esp. the dog. She's almost separated my shoulder on occasion when we're running in the afternoon and she hears one of them. We. must. go. visit. Next. block. Fast.

(Picture Gumby flopping along behind a joyous dog running at full speed).

Oh, yes, we know Duane and his big brown truck. :001_wub:

Buff and gorgeous Duane, with the big muscles and the big boxes of curriculum...swooon.

Our romance has its ups and downs. Mostly it never really gets off the ground because these pesky kids of mine are here every time he stops by. They detract from the atmosphere by asking him for tips on basketball and laughing at his corny jokes. The other reason is that he always asks about my husband and I always ask about his sweet wife and two beautiful daughters. Dagnabit.

We can't help ourselves. Two sappy people desperately in love with our own spouses. Obviously, Duane and I will never be on an episode of Desperate Homeschool Moms.

I'm ashamed to say that yes, I do. I can even tell when it's going to stop near my house, just by the sound.

This is an anonymous poll. I thought about a companion poll, "Do you know your UPS guy/gal by name?" but then reconsidered because some things should remain private.

Yes. All of those. And I can tell if it's a Not Charlie driving.

Yes. and I can tell by the speed he's driving as he starts down my street whether he's stopping here, going further down my street, or turning into the adjacent cul de sac.

And I do know him by name.

And he's sooo cute.

:iagree:

With all of the above. :D

I don't but my dog does. His bark is different for the UPS truck than all the other vehicles that drive up and down my street each day.

The UPS truck freaks out our new puppy (well, not so "new" as he's 7 months old now). He barks like he wants to get out there and eat it. :tongue_smilie:

According to the driver, most dogs respond that way. I guess he gets barked at all day.

My UPS guy was just here, delivering a new printer, and he offered bring it inside because he had his "gripper gloves." And a new euphemism has been born in our household.