Menu

Do you know the sound of "your" UPS truck?

Do you know the sound of "your" UPS truck?  

1. 1. Do you know the sound of "your" UPS truck?

• Yes
    • No
    • N/A (I live too far from the road, etc.)
    • Other, because there must be an "other." Please elaborate.

I'm ashamed to say that yes, I do. I can even tell when it's going to stop near my house, just by the sound.

This is an anonymous poll. I thought about a companion poll, "Do you know your UPS guy/gal by name?" but then reconsidered because some things should remain private.

I voted "other".. When my UP man sees me around town, he asks how I'm doing or about the kids or the dog.

For the first few months when he delivered, he was always chewing gum. Once one of my kids asked him about it and he said its better then eating junk food or smoking. Since that day every time he delivers, he adds a stick of gum per kid to the drop off.

Now, whenever I order something, I have a pack of gum waiting for him when he gets here.

Ok, is that freaky?haha

And I do know him by name.

And he's sooo cute.

Sometimes I think that UPS is like Hooters, but for women.

[i know there are women drivers -- my FedEx drivers are women -- but I've never had a female UPS driver.]

We have at least 3 regulars. I don't know any of their names... I think they're afraid of me. ;)
Mine once told me that he "knows a few other households like mine." :001_huh: Coincidentally, they're homeschoolers as well.

I know mine, but I also have a second line of attack in case I'm working out and have my ipod on. My older dog who we adopted was thrown out of a truck when a puppy, because of that she equates the sound of large trucks to bad things. Over the years this has turned into a thing with the UPS truck. She still gets worked up over others, but when that UPS truck goes by or stops she goes ballistic. She has deemed UPS drivers her mortal enemy. LOL

Sometimes I think that UPS is like Hooters, but for women.

lol! I've never understood the particular appeal -- but my college roommate wrote poetry about The UPS Man.

(BTW, I've had a female UPS driver show up on occasion -- maybe only around the holidays though... My regular guys are all, well, guys... Who say thinks like, "You guys sure like Amazon, huh?")

I know the sound, I know the schedule and it's always spot on. My dogs know the sound, my son knows the sound.

I also know the sound of FedEx, and the schedule. (A neighbor gets FedEx deliveries daily, and we do on occasion.)

I also know the sound of the mail carrier, and his schedule, which again is always spot on. So do the dogs. lol

I always feel like I'm a regular Gladys Kravitz just by the mere fact we school at our kitchen table which overlooks the street, so I know everything going on in the neighborhood by default.

My next house (if there ever is one) the kitchen will be in the back. :tongue_smilie:

Yes...this dear man is the only delivery driver who drives the nearly one-quarter mile off the main road to deliver goodies to me. Not only that:

• He often has to open our large, jinky cattle gate when we've forgotten to. He knows the trick and replaces it when he goes.

• Our driveway is really a very narrow road that winds through the woods.

• He has to turn that big brown truck around in a very small area with lots of trees, chickens, and dogs.

• He walked several heavy boxes up to the house from the main road one Christmas Eve when the gate was blocked.

He rocketh! :D

My UPS guy asked me if I homeschool :D. He use to have a route in a BAD school district and told me that he would deliver HUGE boxes of books to some of those families. Boxes from Abeka and Rod & Staff and Amazon.

And yeah, he's cute, AND he works well with the girls, (helping them carry the boxes and such) AND he brings heavy boxes into the house :)

Yes. and I can tell by the speed he's driving as he starts down my street whether he's stopping here, going further down my street, or turning into the adjacent cul de sac.

And I do know him by name.

And he's sooo cute.

He's like a member of the family!:lol::lol: Plus, the kids know the sound, and can't wait to show them something they've made, or how goofy they are dressed on a given day.

• 2 years later...
I'm ashamed to say that yes, I do. I can even tell when it's going to stop near my house, just by the sound.

This is an anonymous poll. I thought about a companion poll, "Do you know your UPS guy/gal by name?" but then reconsidered because some things should remain private.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, and my dogs do, too. As a matter of fact, I can tell the difference between the bark for mail lady and the bark for UPS. Fedex hardly ever comes so they get the generic stranger bark.

I don't know my UPS man. I only get to see his back as he runs to the truck. I think it might be the barking

Yes, I did at our old house. Could tell by the sound of the engine and time of day. The truck had a squeeky loud sound it made when it stopped, so I always knew when he was stopping at our house.

He liked to talk to our dog even though the dog would bark at him like crazy.

He was the only person that I actually would run down the steps and out the front door to the gate to greet. Otherwise, I almost never answered the door.

Oh, yes.

The kids and dogs know it, too.

Our UPS driver knows us well enough now that we recently had a delivery at our business (uncommon) and he asked my husband if he wanted him to go get the deliveries out of the truck for the house :blush:.

Our regular UPS driver isn't bad to look at, but he had a sub one week that had me :svengo:!

Yes! I know the sound well...

Now as for the USPS truck, we got a new one in the past year and he stopped delivering packages to our door, instead puts a slip in our mailbox and we have to pick it up. We have a lazy mailman... so I love our UPS guy and FedEx gal!