Menu

I don't know how I'd homeschool without my....

I thought this might be fun. I'll go first.

I don't know how I'd homeschool without my laser printer/copier. What did I do before I had that thing? I might call it bad names, gripe about the cost of toner and give it the evil eye when it jams up on me, but I would be a seriously unhappy Mama if that thing died on me. 

What about y'all? What things can you not imagine trying to do without when it comes to school, school planning, and so forth?

Coffee.  :D

As much as I've heard about laser printers I'm really thinking about asking for one for Christmas.  How funny is that?!

The Hive  ;)

Lately?  Podcasts have kept me inspired.

I think I'd *really* miss IEW as I keep trying to leave it and keep making my way back to it.

And, with DS? Audiobooks.  I'm so grateful for audiobooks.

• Like 2

Usborne. I know they're kind of a love or hate it thing, but we loooove. E has hit the phase of reading to learn where she's pulling the reference books off the shelves and just eating them up. Right now she's all about the children's picture atlas.

We are big Usborne fans as well. The first books my kids ever grab are the Usborne Beginners books. There are several available that cover topics like bats, Seashore, spiders, etc. In fact, a few years ago while we were still living in my parents basement my husband and I ran upstairs for a few minutes. When we came back down our oldest three kids were standing on one of their beds screaming and crying in terror. When we asked them what was wrong they said they saw a big spider and "it looks fimiliar," they told us as they pointed out a creepy looking spider in the Usborne book. It turned out to be a piece of lint that sure enough looked to have spiky horns like the spider they had shown us. After calming and reassuring the kids we all got a good laugh. It just goes to show how much they love those books, they know those pages front and back.

• Like 2

Coffee. :D

As much as I've heard about laser printers I'm really thinking about asking for one for Christmas. How funny is that?!

The Hive ;)

Lately? Podcasts have kept me inspired.

I think I'd *really* miss IEW as I keep trying to leave it and keep making my way back to it.

And, with DS? Audiobooks. I'm so grateful for audiobooks.

I forgot about audiobooks and podcasts. Those are two must haves for us as well! :)

• Like 1