Menu

Have you spotted a unique gift? Post it here.

Kareni

Every so often, I like to start a thread like this; here's the one from last year: Have you encountered a unique gift? Post it here.

Today I encountered this:

What out of the ordinary items have you spotted that might make a good gift?

Regards,
Kareni

• Like 12

I like them!  As someone with a Chemistry background, this is one of my favorite science t-shirts.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 6

All handmade:

Cute dragon (and unicorn, and sloth, and zombie) pencil pouches

Little fairytale dolls

Geeky coloring books

Lovely little Scripture print

Galaxy tree t-shirt

Portable princess playmat

Fantasy coins

Monchichi clothes (why, yes, I am a child of the 80's; Monchichis themselves available on Amazon)

Resin jewelry (gaudy and bright!)

Bismuth jewelry (isn't this made by a boardie?)

Sweet, homey art prints

There is a boardie who makes gorgeous felted creatures, too. Anyone remember who?

Edited by MercyA
  • Like 6

All handmade:

Cute dragon (and unicorn, and sloth, and zombie) pencil pouches

Little fairytale dolls

Geeky coloring books

Lovely little Scripture print

Galaxy tree t-shirt

Portable princess playmat

Fantasy coins

Monchichi clothes (why, yes, I am a child of the 80's)

Resin jewelry (gaudy and bright!)

Bismuth jewelry (isn't this made by a boardie?)

Sweet, homey art prints

There is a boardie who makes gorgeous felted creatures, too. Anyone remember who?

The Girls Mom (or something like that) made an absolutely stunning felted Dobby. I wanted him!!

• Like 1

The Girls Mom (or something like that) made an absolutely stunning felted Dobby. I wanted him!!

Yes! I found her shop, but since it contains her real name, I'm not sure if she'd want me to post the link. Her work is amazing!!

We really need a thread on which WTM Etsy artists can post their shops. (I'm not artisty AT ALL, so I have no vested interest.)

• Like 4

All handmade:

Bismuth jewelry (isn't this made by a boardie?)

Yes!  My husband was helping our son make a periodic table of all the elements for a science project, and when they found out that bismuth could levitate a magnet, they bought a block of it (the "maglevs" he creates are also on Etsy).  After a lot of experimenting, he started growing the crystals for jewelry (he's an art teacher who also LOVES science).  Thank you for posting the link! 

• Like 7

I don't know if this qualifies as unique but this year I'm trying to buy only from companies that donate to good causes:

https://bombas.com I love the Bee Better socks. Such a cute reminder each day to be better plus they donate socks to homeless vets. Great company story on their site. My boys are getting some of these...ok I'm getting some for me too.

Www.youniquefoundation.org This organization is dear to me. Three of my friends have gone to the retreat for sexual abuse survivors. They have nothing but incredible things to say about the help they got there and that they continue to get. I like their products too so the ladies on my list will be getting makeup or skincare from that company.

Ok not do good but I think I'll have to get this

https://www.amazon.com/Womens-Chemistry-Science-T-shirt-Planck/dp/B01EUA81KG/ref=sr_1_82?ie=UTF8&qid=1479062457&sr=8-82&keywords=Nerdy+t+shirts

• Like 2

And here is something in the "I don't think so" category ~ Leotards for Dogs

Regards,

Kareni

these are fabulous for dogs with arthritis in their legs. Greatly helpful for mobility to keep the joints warm. My 2 seniors are getting ones from here once I decide on colors :)  https://www.k9topcoat.com/product.asp?specific=103#bottom

• Like 2

these are fabulous for dogs with arthritis in their legs. Greatly helpful for mobility to keep the joints warm. My 2 seniors are getting ones from here once I decide on colors :)  https://www.k9topcoat.com/product.asp?specific=103#bottom

I stand corrected!  When I was young, we had a dog as a pet; however, I am decidedly uneducated now about their well being.  I hope your dogs will benefit from their new outfits, hornblower.

Regards,

Kareni

• Like 1

I stand corrected!  When I was young, we had a dog as a pet; however, I am decidedly uneducated now about their well being.  I hope your dogs will benefit from their new outfits, hornblower.

Regards,

Kareni

they do look absolutely silly though. But at this point, anything that makes us laugh is good :) 

• Like 1

Some more finds ~

For those who are curious as to whether the glass is half full or half empty: this t-shirt

These look appealing: Funnybone Toys Color-Centric Card Games

This looks fun but with great mess potential: Max'is Creations Mugs Made for Play

This looks like a wonderful individual or group project: Pirasta Large Coloring Posters

Regards,

Kareni

Every so often, I like to start a thread like this; here's the one from last year: Have you encountered a unique gift? Post it here.

Today I encountered this:

2017 Bubble Wrap Calendar - A Poster Sized Wall Calendar with a Bubble to Pop Everyday

What out of the ordinary items have you spotted that might make a good gift?

Regards,

Kareni

I think I have a teen who would like this. LOL.

• Like 1

i love sock it to me socks. I bought several pair as Christmas presents. They give you points and you can get free socks.

OutOfPrint.com is awesome. They also donate books to places in need.

StoriArts has writing gloves and scarfs.

OwlCrate now has a jr box.

• Like 1

I find this thread invaluable for my brother and his family whom I barely know. Also for my dad who has no hobbies and drinks only water, o.j. and milk (bubble wrap calendar on order for office).

Sadly, I couldn't find a place to purchase the Extravagant Light Switch, so it will go on my "Pie in the Sky" wishlist along with the Trotify from last year.

This year I'm considering a shirt like this for my aforementioned brother. 

Edited by SusanC
  • Like 1

THAT is really funny!  (The error and the mug!)

This year I'm considering a shirt like this for my aforementioned brother. 

So hilarious!  

To that shirt I would reply:  "No, everyone wasn't kung fu fighting. And stop calling me Shirley!"   :lol:

• Like 2

Oh my goodness!!! When I was looking at the Pi cuff, I came across a Nicola Tesla quote Cuff. My dd will go crazy for that. Now I have to buy it. She is a Tesla nut!

• Like 1

For men who love astronomy and the night sky ~  The Most Distant Galaxies tie

This is cute:  Pig Latin Tee

Latin version of I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream Shirt 

For those who might like to give some Latin books ~

Harrius Potter et Philosophi Lapis  and Harrius Potter et Camera Secretorum  both by J. K. Rowling and translated by Peter Needham

Hobbitus Ille: The Latin Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien and Mark Walker

Fabula de Petro Cuniculo: The Tale of Peter Rabbit in Latin (Latin Edition)  by Beatrix Potter and William Arthur Hanes

Ferdinandus Taurus (Latin Edition) by Munro Leaf

Winnie Ille Pu (Latin Edition)  by A. A. Milne and Israel Walker

Regards,
Kareni
  • Like 2