Menu

prime pantry....do you use it? what do you buy?

ProudGrandma

I had a Prime Pantry deal once that I was looking forward to using, but ultimately, they didn't have a lot of the stuff I normally buy, and the things they did have were more expensive than I would normally pay. Plus I didn't like the whole "fill a box" thing. So no, I don't use it because I couldn't see how it would benefit me. 

I use it every once in a while. I wait to see if there are enough items in the Buy 5 get free shipping deal that I will use. Usually I end up buying toilet paper, paper towels, and large containers of salsa(they're a dollar cheaper there than at our local store). I also look to see if there are coupons for other items like toiletries for the kids and last time I bought razor blades for cheap as well.

For me, even if I spend a dollar or two more on an item here or there it's worth it to me to be able to postpone a trip  to Walmart. I wouldn't do it if I was really brand loyal as that would really limit the deals you can find.

Also if you don't like filling a box and you like the convenience, maybe look at subscribe and save? You can say you want a subscription and then cancel it after your order is complete. At least you could do that a year or so ago when I used it more.

Bulky things that I don't want to lug home from the store, items that we use in large quantities. Price is less of an issue than convenience for me. When we go to the store, we usually end up with a van load of items. So, anything non-perishables that I can buy online saves me time and transport space. 

Edited by MomatHWTK