Menu

Folks from WUE states...

JanetC

DD ended up talking to almost all the WUE schools at the college fair last weekend.

Anybody know anything about Northern Arizona University or the University of Nevada, Reno?

Major is something along the lines of geology, geophysics, atmospheric sciences. Future plan is graduate school in planetary science.

• Like 1

DD ended up talking to almost all the WUE schools at the college fair last weekend.

Anybody know anything about Northern Arizona University or the University of Nevada, Reno?

Major is something along the lines of geology, geophysics, atmospheric sciences. Future plan is graduate school in planetary science.

NAU is a pretty solid school overall - I am pretty sure anything related to Astronomy would be rated good or better

Off campus housing would be fairly expensive - Flagstaff is a pretty tight real estate market

• Like 1

I actually took a class at NAU years ago when we lived on the reservation north of there!

Flagstaff is a nice college town, with a cooler climate than what you typically think of in Arizona.

My daughter applied there (we live in a different WUE state now.) In the end, even with the WUE discount, it was definitely one of the more expensive schools. They just don't offer much in the way of merit aid.

• Like 1

I lived in Reno when I was very young.  A childhood friend is an Electrical Engineering graduate of UNR.  He had a very successful career.   Reno is close to Lake Tahoe and lots of skiing is available nearby, if that might influence the decision.  

• Like 1

Lots of Southern Californians go to NAU, and the ones I've known personally have loved it. Don't know anything about the science program there. Is it University of Arizona that is in Tucson? They have a good geology program and have a nice little geo-science museum on campus with a telescope that is open to the public. 

• Like 1