Menu

"My French teacher was actually named Mrs. French," and other people we knew with names like that.

J-rap

My 8th grade history teacher was Mr. Cary. His wife's first name: karie. She was a math teacher. Her name sign said cary^2 after she heard us calling her that.

That reminds me... that I had a classmate named Marty Martins (a girl) who married a man named Martin Martinson.  :)

• Like 2

Had a GP whose name was Dr. Honnibal. Reminded me of Hannibal.

Another GP, Dr. Lazarus.

My mom dated a guy by the name of Harry Dick. My BIL went to school with a girl whose name was Rhoda Dyck (pronounced dick). My step dads fathers name was Arch Way. My brother always joked that if he had a girl he would call he Anita Beaton. He didn't thankfully. I knew a guy called Donald McDonald.

• Like 1

Had a GP whose name was Dr. Honnibal. Reminded me of Hannibal.

Another GP, Dr. Lazarus.

My mom dated a guy by the name of Harry Dick. My BIL went to school with a girl whose name was Rhoda Dyck (pronounced dick). My step dads fathers name was Arch Way. My brother always joked that if he had a girl he would call he Anita Beaton. He didn't thankfully. I knew a guy called Donald McDonald.

I'm not comfortable "liking" your post, lol, but back in the day, I don't know if the name Dick had quite the meaning it does today, is there anyone here old enough who would know?

Lots of guys named Richard went by the nickname Dick, and I repeat, back in the day, way back when...

Your brother sounds like a punk! But that is funny. Arch Way is hilarious. 

But what about that thing where people are naming their kids Marty Martin, Bill Williams, etc?!!