Menu

anyone have a whipped cream dispenser?

gardenmom5

You mean the metal bottles where you buy the C02 cartridges to go in?

yes.  I despise the stuff you buy - but with the dispenser I can make up my own, and dispense it. (instead of whipping it in a bowl.)   prices have really come down too.

They're great - I don't have one but I used them all the time as a barista. If I used whipped cream more than a few times a year I'd absolutely buy one myself. I usually just use straight cream, unwhipped.

They're great - I don't have one but I used them all the time as a barista. If I used whipped cream more than a few times a year I'd absolutely buy one myself. I usually just use straight cream, unwhipped.

and . . . ?  so . . .?  ok. . . ?   plastic tips ok?  or only get metal?  size? 

Honestly I've used several different nondescript brands and there was little difference among them in quality of whipped cream. Tips didn't matter but plastic were a little easier to dispense with. Metal body is important though. Are you making designs or just trying to get cream out? A smaller one is usually what I'd go for unless you're doing high volume because it keeps in the fridge for several days but fresher performs better.

The one I found easiest to clean and work was almost identical to this:

https://www.foodservicesuperstore.com/isi-siphon-1730-01-whipped-cream-dispenser-cream-profi-whip-plus-quart-ea.html?utm_source=google_shopping_mobile&m=simple&gclid=CI3dutz6288CFUVsfgodVKABsw

Just throwing this out there: Nutella whipped cream...

One of my husband's buddies made it in his dispenser and it was AMAZING on waffles and in homemade donuts.

tell me more - 2ds loves the stuff.  I don't like it, so there's no temptation.

tell me more - 2ds loves the stuff. I don't like it, so there's no temptation.

Our buddy with the cartridge whipped cream dispenser just mixes 50/50 room temp Nutella with whipping cream, then dispenses. There are others online who whip with a mixer in other ratios, but his experimentation produced the best results with the dispenser and 50/50. I'm asking for one for Christmas :).

• Like 1

I have one and I love it! I have to remind people to turn it all the way upside down when they use it as we've had some air bubble spray issues but other than that it works great and I love being able to make it fresh in such an easy way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

yes.  I despise the stuff you buy - but with the dispenser I can make up my own, and dispense it. (instead of whipping it in a bowl.)   prices have really come down too.

My Mom bought one of the first ones many moons ago when I was still a child. We were sitting around the table having coffee and cake and I wanted to to be the first one to use it. Before Mom could instruct me properly, Grandma had whip cream in her face.

I'd love to get one but I read something about the Co2 not being that great.

I'm intrigued. 

But if you are getting store bought, Cabot makes some in a can that actually tastes like whipped cream. The comparison to the other brands is no contest. Trader Joes is the only place I've found it. I like whipped cream on my coffee, kids like it on their waffles, etc. 

I might ask for a dispenser for christmas. 

• Like 1

It's very easy to clean and the cartridge lasts for one filling of the can. Once it loses its seal (by being opened) it will need a new one. I find one filling lasts about a week and a half or two before it gets too thick and starts to go bad.

Edited by BrittanyM

It's very easy to clean and the cartridge lasts for one filling of the can. Once it loses its seal (by being opened) it will need a new one. I find one filling lasts about a week and a half or two before it gets too thick and starts to go bad.

How much cream does yours hold?