Menu

We absolutely love History of US

It came with our Sonlight package and shockingly we like it even better than almost all of the books and readers!

My daughter mostly reads it on her own and is constantly sharing interesting facts and stories. But it's so well done that I also jump in and read it aloud to her because I enjoy it so much.

We love the prose, the crazy or interesting sidebars, and the pictures.

I highly recommend it instead of a US Hostory text especially if you have a kid who loves to read :)

Edited by Calming Tea
  • Like 4

We're using it this year and my 13 year old dd in 8th grade loves it.  We read it aloud and have had many terrific discussions already.  I put together a supplemental reading list using Sonlight's 100 core and from many wonderful threads here.  It's turning into one of our favorite years of history.  

• Like 1

We used it last year for 8th grade w/ BookShark (I just bought "reading with history," not the LA/readers - we used MBTP 12-14 instead). We loved it too. We managed to read all 10 books on BookShark's 4 day/week schedule and finished on time. I paused during WW2 and we did a lit unit on The Diary of Anne Frank.

• Like 1